Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
it's very bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have no idea what that is but probably.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
The worst game ever is probably Dark Castle or Superman 64 OP.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK

Hoodrich posted:

I disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1EsuyJobwE

Dec 26, 2012

Hoodrich posted:

i played the poo poo out of dark castle as a kid, and its really bad yeah

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

nope, super monkey daibouken is the worst, congrats op you found it.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC0HkJLc5dw

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
There is no worst game. Super Monkey Daibouken is unmitigated, abnormally lovely poo poo, but it was a very early Famicom title, so it probably sucked because the makers were trying things they nobody knew how to execute really well. Superman 64, released after people realized games should be entertaining, is slightly more playable but also more grievously unpleasant because it's a licensed game starring a child's comic man.

I never played Dark Castle, but if it's the Mac game I just looked up on YouTube, it looks way better than both and clearly had more effort put into it than Superman, so I have no idea why you'd label it the worst game of all time beyond typical casual-gamer ignorance. I guess I can't expect any better from the Macintosh gaming crowd, heh...

Any gamer who answers the question with "Cheetahmen" is a fool who knows less than nothing.

Dec 26, 2012

Cobweb Heart posted:

I never played Dark Castle, but if it's the Mac game I just looked up on YouTube, it looks way better than both and clearly had more effort put into it than Superman, so I have no idea why you'd label it the worst game of all time beyond typical casual-gamer ignorance.

the fact that you dont get why the game is bad is because you never played dark castle

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Gonna have to stop you there. Look at this poo poo.

quote:

Computer Gaming World stated that Dark Castle was "the best arcade game I've seen for the Macintosh, and perhaps the best I've seen on any microcomputer, ever". The reviewer praised the sound and graphics, stating that he did not know that the Macintosh was capable of animations of such quality. He concluded that Dark Castle "is filled with lots of little touches that show it's one of the first steps toward what Silicon Beach likes to call 'interactive cartoons'." Compute! praised the Amiga version's "brilliant graphics, sound, and atmosphere"...

Jon Gay has credited Dark Castle with helping to establish the reputation of Silicon Beach Software and with paying his way through college.

Game reviewers Hartley and Pattie Lesser complimented the game in their "The Role of Computers" column in Dragon #122 (1987), calling it "the finest arcade/adventure game ever designed for the Macintosh computer — as a matter of fact, for any computer!" and stating, "The graphics and animation are quite literally stunning!".[6] In a subsequent column, the reviewers gave the game 4 out of 5 stars.

Dark Castle was clearly transcendental at the time - maybe you were just too young to understand. I'd love to see someone try to talk poo poo on the game after these accounts. :rolleyes:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
sorry op but the overworld music is actually so good that it makes up for the rest of the game

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

What's daibouken. Is that 'ball' in Japanese? Strongly disagree, if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, I've tried to made games a couple times.

• Locked thread