Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah it happened to me once when one of Salazar's goons hit Leon with a flail and knocked him down in such a way that his head landed between her ankles.

just like my harem animes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Do I get to go back to the room with the giant hive after the two gigantic ogres battle that I am failing so miserably at? If not, I'll just sell the drat thing with only red and green cat's eyes.

My plan according to this thread is to sell the TMP and buy a broken butterfly (since I missed the free one apparently :argh: ). I am keeping the mine-thrower though!

I spent most of my money upgrading my weapons instead of buying new ones lmao

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Do I get to go back to the room with the giant hive after the two gigantic ogres battle that I am failing so miserably at? If not, I'll just sell the drat thing with only red and green cat's eyes.

My plan according to this thread is to sell the TMP and buy a broken butterfly (since I missed the free one apparently :argh: ). I am keeping the mine-thrower though!

I spent most of my money upgrading my weapons instead of buying new ones lmao

I'd keep the tmp if you've upgraded it, it really isn't bad, I just don't like it. I don't remember how far you can backtrack from double gigantes, i think you might be screwed :(

Money should be spent upgrading, but some weapons are really good and worth replacing your old one like the striker. You can just save the best stuff for your professional run , stay the course goon sir

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006
Don't listen to those nerds recommending the Broken Butterfly. Grab the Killer7 once you can buy it. Unupgraded, it's about twice as strong as the butterfly. And while the butterfly would eventually overtake the Killer7 in power, any money you plan on dumping into a magnum is much better served upgrading your handgun, shotgun, or rifle.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
The killer 7 is only good for a second playthrough when you have money out the rear end and can upgrade capacity for free reloads and just magdump bosses. Dont waste your mag ammo pickups on it tho

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you! :toot:

The big thing was I had no idea that there was a QTE for using the knife on the back of the giant ogre guy. I honestly don't think I would have ever figured that out. I was actually trying to jump down from the rafter/upper platform thing and knife him on the way down :lol:

I'm a scrub at newer games that aren't Smash and Mario Kart. This is the first non-retro game I'm going to actually bother beating since the release of Max Payne 1 (A Link Between Worlds being the only other one but I don't count that cuz it kicked so much rear end I had to beat it immediately and then I sold it).

No clue if I am going to make time for beating the game in replays though :can:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I have a save file for every chapter in this game because it doesn't let you select them and also in case I get screwed like you did.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

The big thing was I had no idea that there was a QTE for using the knife on the back of the giant ogre guy. I honestly don't think I would have ever figured that out. I was actually trying to jump down from the rafter/upper platform thing and knife him on the way down :lol:

genuinely sad this isn't an option, that's leon as gently caress

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
striker is the best shotgun simply for the 100 free shells when you fully upgrade it and the extra inventory space from the 100 sized clip

also whatever eye you get from the bugs depends what colour their eyes are when you kill them, they rarely turn blue

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

striker is the best shotgun simply for the 100 free shells when you fully upgrade it and the extra inventory space from the 100 sized clip

also whatever eye you get from the bugs depends what colour their eyes are when you kill them, they rarely turn blue

if the latter part is true it blows my mind, i don't think it's true though

striker is the best because of ditman and being able to just go wild with it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
yeah people were talking about how good the shotgun feels in this game and they're right

the noise it makes

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
In my most recent run I upgraded nothing till I got the Red 9 and Semi-auto rifle. I sold the shotgun and bought the riot gun cause it is actually cheaper to do that than to upgrade the first shotgun to match the riot gun's fire power.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I couldn't beat any of the shooting gallery challenges on the PS2. Precision aiming on the clock is terribly slow.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Scalding Coffee posted:

I couldn't beat any of the shooting gallery challenges on the PS2. Precision aiming on the clock is terribly slow.

I've gotten a few bottle caps but only for destroying every target, never by racking up a sufficient number of points.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

just wanna say gently caress the haters, TMP owns. up until the island, pretty much every single enemy gets nonstop roundhoused or suplexed and the TMP is perfect for setting that stuff up. i think the island sucks for several reasons, but mainly because wrassling dudes is far and away the most fun part of RE4 and it becomes a bit less useful there. RE5 got a lot worse when you started fighting tons of tribal and gun dudes for the same reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Vargs posted:

just wanna say gently caress the haters, TMP owns. up until the island, pretty much every single enemy gets nonstop roundhoused or suplexed and the TMP is perfect for setting that stuff up. i think the island sucks for several reasons, but mainly because wrassling dudes is far and away the most fun part of RE4 and it becomes a bit less useful there. RE5 got a lot worse when you started fighting tons of tribal and gun dudes for the same reason.

Ok.

• Locked thread