Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

About a year ago, Spill.com was closed down by Hollywood.com. Spill founder Korey Coleman took to Kickstarter to raise money for a new podcast site initially entitled "New Beginnings". That became DoubleToasted.com which launched July 3rd.

Double Toasted is hosted by founder Korey Coleman, his fellow Spill founder Martin "Leon" Thomas, and regular guest Tommy. Along with a rotating cast of special guests! Double Toasted is primarily a movie review site with free form podcasts and live streams.

SHOWS:

The Sunday Service: Join the Church of Double Toasted with Pastor Korey Coleman, Deacon Leon, and Brother Thomas! Services are held every Sunday. This is a free-form podcast with topics ranging from what's going on in their lives, current events, and tweets and emails. Feel the spirit of the Church of Toast! Hallelujah!

The Midweek Roast and Toast (Formerly the Midweek Service) Take a seat and make yourself at home at the Double Toasted Lounge! Grab yourself a drink and relax while Korey, Martin, Thomas, and special guests entertain with stories about what's going on in their lives and the world at large. Call-Ins are also a part of the show.

The Casual Call-In Show: A new show dedicated entirely to call-ins. Wanna join in? Email your name and phone number.

Movie Reviews: Streamed via video every Thursday and audio posted every Friday.

EXTRAS:

Memberships: Join DoubleToasted.com! Along with free membership, there's also an all access plan at $6.99 a month. Includes access to all live streams and video archive.

Video Streams: Every podcast is available as a live video stream. Live streams are only accessible for All-Access members or can be bought after they air for 99 cents a pop.

Exernal Links
|Double Toasted Youtube channel | Korey's Twitter | Korey's Twitter | Korey's Soundcloud

FAQs

Why aren't they on Itunes? They're on Souncloud, that's why. Korey has said he'll have Double Toasted hosted on Itunes in the future. Until then, Souncloud will be hosting the site's audio.

Has Billy showed up yet? Not yet. We miss you, Uncle Popcorn :smith:

How bout Allan? Uh, yeah

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
So they're shows where people talk? Like, what's this mean

quote:

the sermon including topics such as anecdotes, current events, and tweets and emails!

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Golden Bee posted:

So they're shows where people talk? Like, what's this mean
Fixed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm confused as to why they aren't on iTunes yet considering RageSelect (former Loading Bar) had no trouble getting that going, and neither did One of Us.net

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Because soundcloud came to Korey and asked him how the gently caress is he getting so much traffic, basically it's brand loyalty or probably some extra benefits/money from staying there.

Plus, Soundcloud's phone app (audiocloud) is pretty great on the phone which I'm surprised.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Tae posted:

Plus, Soundcloud's phone app (audiocloud) is pretty great on the phone which I'm surprised.
It also happens to be available on Android unlike Itunes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I usually listen to their stuff at work, and I can't really do it because our office WiFi is awful.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I watched all of the videos they have on youtube, it's dang entertaining.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I'm still sad that Spill broke up into 3 or 4 different projects (and we'll probably never hear Tony/Co-Host on air again) but I'm really impressed with Double Toasted so far. Tommy is a welcome addition and I like the live aspect. I hope it works out for them, but I'm wondering how many subscribers they'd need to keep it profitable beyond the first year, which was mostly covered with the Kickstarter.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I really wish it was one thing, because honestly I think One of Us has pretty weak commentators except for one or two, and I don't like Brian Salisbury that much. Korey and Martin are still consistently funny though.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
You know who does a really funny impersonation of Morgan Freeman? Korey Coleman

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

bowser posted:

I'm still sad that Spill broke up into 3 or 4 different projects (and we'll probably never hear Tony/Co-Host on air again) but I'm really impressed with Double Toasted so far. Tommy is a welcome addition and I like the live aspect. I hope it works out for them, but I'm wondering how many subscribers they'd need to keep it profitable beyond the first year, which was mostly covered with the Kickstarter.

Can't wait till the build on their content. Loading bar/blu ray tuesdays and LEOG were my favorite podcasts. I can't see myself paying for just live feeds and early reviews. I never liked Lets do this because it just seemed aimless.

Co-Host will be back, he did the same thing with spill. He waits till things are nice, stable and he can get paid to swoop in. Martin is the real friend, Tony is kind of an opportunist.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

ChristianDB posted:

Can't wait till the build on their content. Loading bar/blu ray tuesdays and LEOG were my favorite podcasts. I can't see myself paying for just live feeds and early reviews. I never liked Lets do this because it just seemed aimless.

Co-Host will be back, he did the same thing with spill. He waits till things are nice, stable and he can get paid to swoop in. Martin is the real friend, Tony is kind of an opportunist.
Let's Do This!!! was their best podcast and I won't hear anything otherwise :colbert: Especially when Billy was around. I miss Billy :smith:

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

If you guys watch the live shows you should really check out the chatroom. Some of the comments in there are funnier than the actual show.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm super behind on their podcasts because we have awful internet in my office. Have they said anything about when they might put their stuff on iTunes?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm super behind on their podcasts because we have awful internet in my office. Have they said anything about when they might put their stuff on iTunes?
Not yet. I think they're committed to Soundcloud for the foreseeable future.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm going to start spamming their email until they do it, i swear. If the former Loading Bar guys can start putting their stuff on iTunes almost immediately I don't get the excuse.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to get the soundcloud stuff into a podcast app? RSS feed or something?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

Is there a way to get the soundcloud stuff into a podcast app? RSS feed or something?
That would be nice, but I have no idea how to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jxfallout
Jul 3, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

I've been using the link below in various RSS readers and podcasts apps without any issues:

http://picklemonkey.net/cloudflipper/cloudflipper.php?feed=https://soundcloud.com/kcoolman

Here's a direct link to the service itself for more info:

http://picklemonkey.net/cloudflipper-home/

• Locked thread