Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I noticed the Epic ships aren't included. Are they abandoning them going forward? They never really fit with tournament gameplay, and I know people complained about the difficulty of including them in games. On the other hand, they own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Team Covenant has a game play video up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TxiyKlHeSU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

canyoneer posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/x-wing-second-edition/

How many ships does each Conversion Kit convert?

The number of ships supported (by maneuver dials included) in each Conversion Kit are:

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

2 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
3 – VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Why would they include 3 Decimator dials and only 2 TIE Defender dials? lmao

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'm pretty much out. I'll keep my stuff and probably play casuals sometimes but I'm out of the tournament treadmill and leaving the 186th (one of the x-wing tournament squadron in the UK). I don't really have the money or inclination to keep going, although the changes seem good and necessary.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

JerikTelorian posted:

I noticed the Epic ships aren't included. Are they abandoning them going forward? They never really fit with tournament gameplay, and I know people complained about the difficulty of including them in games. On the other hand, they own.

On the stream, they basically said "wait for it, something's coming, we promise, really!"

So, looking through the Rebel conversion kit article, it's pretty easy to infer a few things about munitions (missiles/torps/bombs).

They are generally multiple use.
They generally have the yellow lightning bolt icon with a number next to them.
You probably have to spend a lightning token to fire them.
Many of them allow you to spend lightning tokens for an extra effect. (This seems to be a thing for other cards, too, like Crack Shot)
Attack values (number of red dice) seems to mostly be 3 for missiles/torps. I saw one 4 in there.
I didn't see any cards explaining how much damage or effect of bombs.

Also, there are a number of mechanics they talked about "expose"-ing one of the damage cards. So we have a unique term for flipping a damage card face up.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Yeah, R2-D2 has to expend a lightning bolt to use his ability so I guess they have a notion of charges for just about any upgrade. I think that's a cool idea, like what if Palp was exactly as pre-nerf Palp, but he had X charges you could use per game.

Also, Proton Torps were 4 red dice.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Team Covenant has a game play video up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TxiyKlHeSU

They have a big blog about 2.0 and what you need to know. I haven't reviewed it yet.
https://teamcovenant.com/learning/star-wars-x-wing/everything-need-know-x-wing-second-edition-x2-reboot

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

beardnerds posted:

Before buying those kits, you need to understand one critical change that we were excited to learn about with factions in Second Edition. If you buy all of the products for a single faction, you will have access to the full range of pilots and upgrades usable for that faction. No more buying ships from other factions in order to get the upgrades that you need! This means that you will need to buy one Conversion Kit for each faction you intend to fly.

Ok yep I'm in

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

alg posted:

Ok yep I'm in

Mercy me this seems like a good change.

ConfusedUs posted:

On the stream, they basically said "wait for it, something's coming, we promise, really!"

Good to hear. It's understandable if they wanna delay on the epic ships, and honestly they probably just wanna release a single epic pack for all 5 of the ones that are out now.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

uncle blog posted:

Anybody wanna buy two pounds of ship and upgrade cards?

lol gently caress no the 1e seconds market just crashed and crashed BAD.

I was just about to start ebaying c3pos...

alg posted:

Ok yep I'm in

Yup it seems like they're doing it in as non-dickish a way as late-stage capitalism can.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I came here to crap all over this but if they are sincerely doing away with "you have to buy this weird turd looking thing from one level of a video game because it has the rockets you need to put on your cool x-wing" thing, I'm potentially back in after having been basically in stasis with this for a year.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The regular rabble of Wang players in a local FB group don't seem impressed by 2.0

Then again, their meta is supremely stupid and dumb.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

JerikTelorian posted:

I’m sure they’ll find a way to charge us $50 to play them again.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Epics not converted yet, will probably be handled later. No firm plans yet.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Awesome! I'm really excited about the changes and it sounds like the best thing they could do with the game.

:getin:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So, will we get a day 1 FAQ?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

AndyElusive posted:

The regular rabble of Wang players in a local FB group don't seem impressed by 2.0

Then again, their meta is supremely stupid and dumb.

I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of players that have established play tactics and strategies that will not like 2.0. I know some are complaining about buying stuff to play but the amount it costs still pales to the other tabletop games played at the LGS.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

quote:

Although most of the Galactic Empire's ships from the first edition are represented in the conversion kit, those emblazoned with the emblem of the First Order are not. Pilots like Kylo Ren and his TIE silencer carry on the legacy of the Empire in a new era, struggling to retake control of the galaxy from the New Republic and the Resistance. Therefore, the First Order is being developed into a separate faction for X-Wing Second Edition and will receive its own conversion kit as a future expansion.
I'm guessing the Resistance and First Order conversion kits might be cheaper, as there's less ships?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gameplay video talks about bombs and torpedoes.

New phase between Planning and Activation, the System phase. This is where you drop bombs.

Seismic Charges blow up obstacles, and each ship in range 1 of the obstacle takes a damage.

The lightning bolt icon is number of uses. Proton torps start with 2, and you can spend an extra to change a hit to a crit.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

I'm guessing the Resistance and First Order conversion kits might be cheaper, as there's less ships?

Maybe. No one knows yet.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I hope i can use my old templates. The new ones have that line down the middle, but I don't want to have to get new acrylics....

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

I hope i can use my old templates. The new ones have that line down the middle, but I don't want to have to get new acrylics....

Just win some. Git gud

(honestly it sounds like the line is only to make bumps easier to resolve, you can probably just draw your own)

Edit and immediately as I say that, I find out barrel rolls are middle-to-middle along that line. You're gonna need lines. :(

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

Just win some. Git gud

(honestly it sounds like the line is only to make bumps easier to resolve, you can probably just draw your own)

Edit and immediately as I say that, I find out barrel rolls are middle-to-middle along that line. You're gonna need lines. :(

Nah. You could still line up the template with the back of the base as long as you place at the end of the base too. Just can’t change relative distance.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Nah. You could still line up the template with the back of the base as long as you place at the end of the base too. Just can’t change relative distance.

Good point!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Y-Wings have innate reload, ion tokens have been revamped so you perform a blue (green) maneuver instead of white.

New FCS is basically Predator: if you have a lock on the defender, you can reroll a single die. If you do, you can't spend the lock.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I am simultaneously SO PUMPED for 2.0 and so un-interested in playing any x-wing between now and September 13th.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I’m looking forward to the utter chaos at the FFG booth at GenCon. I don’t think I want to stand in that line, but I’m hoping for some decent free stuff.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Since Predator still exists (on a Red Squadron Veteran that can't be a T-70 in the preview article), I wonder if we'll have multiple upgrades occupy similar/identical design space but have more diverse squad building applications, or even the ability to specialize by taking multiple different upgrades with the same/similar effect.

We need a new thread/OP.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Owlbear Camus posted:

I came here to crap all over this but if they are sincerely doing away with "you have to buy this weird turd looking thing from one level of a video game because it has the rockets you need to put on your cool x-wing" thing, I'm potentially back in after having been basically in stasis with this for a year.

I don't see how this is going away? I assume the second wave of 2.0 expansions will absolutely have cards/upgrades unique to each pack, no?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Since Predator still exists (on a Red Squadron Veteran that can't be a T-70 in the preview article), I wonder if we'll have multiple upgrades occupy similar/identical design space but have more diverse squad building applications, or even the ability to specialize by taking multiple different upgrades with the same/similar effect.

We need a new thread/OP.

They explicitly called out similar-but-not-quite upgrades when talking about the squad building app and the ability to change costs. They called out they could release a new (similar) upgrade, then change the cost of the either one to make it a choice rather than just one always being better than the other.

We do need a new OP. I'll do it in a minute.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Wait, so are expansion packs not coming with upgrades anymore? Just the plastic ship? That would be cool if the having the app at the table would be tournament legal.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Guys we are also entering new waters of homebrew. So many dumb rules people want in 2.0. So many badly written abuses of the new mechanics. I think we are going tl see my posting, and drinking, hit a brand new high

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

New X-Wing thread up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855773

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of players that have established play tactics and strategies that will not like 2.0. I know some are complaining about buying stuff to play but the amount it costs still pales to the other tabletop games played at the LGS.

Ya there's a few vocal players who aren't happy about having to buy 2.0 conversion kits to play.

It's like they're more than willing to shell that out if you include a plastic ship of wonderment but mandatory kits full to the brim with cards, tokens and dials? gently caress OFF FFG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

And with this...I send my giant thread to its sleep. Thanks for posting here, hope the OP was a decent resource :)

• Locked thread