Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

with all this steam logo changing people are wailing about, has anyone stopped to think hey maybe that's not a great logo?

i mean, its supposed to be some kind of mechanical piston or linkage or something, right? i'm not an engineer but that seems like what its supposed to be. there's nothing to suggest that it would be powered by steam or involves steam in any way. it could be an internal combustion thing or whatever.

so what's your idea for a steam logo, imp zone?

mine is a saucepan with steam rising because steam has got games that run on the 'source' engine so its like a visual pun and steam is rising forever higher in popularity and support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's supposed to look like the linkage on a steam locomotive.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRVMnPJmdQ

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

changing your branding image is a tough thing to do OP, and I don't think valve is ready.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Silver Alicorn posted:

it's supposed to look like the linkage on a steam locomotive.

yeah but that linkage could be connected to anything, not necessarily steam at all or even a train at all

it could be a gigantic tank of farts that is propelling a machine that rolls croissants for fat people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

chaosbreather posted:

it could be a gigantic tank of farts that is propelling a machine that rolls croissants for fat people

please do not spoil the source 2 release surprise

• Locked thread