Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
in less than a month it will be September 9th the day that dreamcast was released in America.

There was only 248 games released for the system in it's lifespan of only a few years. Yes there were more games in japan but nobody cares about Japan.

I first hated the system due to how the 32X, Sega CD, and Saturn failed. But I eventually grew to appreciate it after everything was discounted because stores were getting rid of things at rock bottom prices and I wound up with 80 something games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I did the same thing as the OP except I also hunted down two keyboards for multiplayer Typing of the Dead

it was fun until everyone I knew got bored of it

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Peter Moore (first Microsoft then EA Sports) killed the Dreamcast.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Dreamcast wouldn't have been nearly as great without this.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
The idea of VMUs was the coolest thing as a kid but i never used it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have some fanmade megaman clone on my VMU that's basically unplayable

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

FuriousGeorge posted:

Dreamcast wouldn't have been nearly as great without this.

I've been trying to find one of these for not ridiculous prices so i'll stop loving my thumbs up with the poo poo rear end D-pad when I play Marvel 2 or Garou.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

its good that all the dreamcast games worth playing either have superior sequels or ports to superior platforms because goddamn that was not a good console

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
still the best console ever fucken released. rip dreamcast. heros never die

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

chaosbreather posted:

its good that all the dreamcast games worth playing either have superior sequels or ports to superior platforms because goddamn that was not a good console

same i love to play giga wing 1 & 2, mars matrix, cvs2, shenmue, borderdown, cannon spike, gunbird 2, project justice, and illbleed on other consoles durrr HuRR! dumbass!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

no i said worth playing

and shenume had an xbox sequel idiot

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
record of lodoss war was the best sword crafting arpg

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

downloading the almost finished half life port and playing through it was pretty cool

i also really liked the analog stick, but the controller definitely could have used two of them

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Dongslayer. posted:

The idea of VMUs was the coolest thing as a kid but i never used it
p. sure sony's keeping the dream alive with the vita, too bad its way too expensive

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

chaosbreather posted:

bangai-o

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Had a DS game. Lagged in some stages but it was glorious.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Commissar Ken posted:

I've been trying to find one of these for not ridiculous prices so i'll stop loving my thumbs up with the poo poo rear end D-pad when I play Marvel 2 or Garou.

It's not that great to be honest, the panel may look like it came straight off a NAOMI cab but all the parts are cheap clones rather than the Sanwa stuff used in the arcade and it's all weird sizes so you can't even swap them easily. I say this as someone who spent three months' worth of allowance on it back in the day only to finally just give up and go back to a pad.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Swelter Discharge posted:

same i love to play giga wing 1 & 2, mars matrix, cvs2, shenmue, borderdown, cannon spike, gunbird 2, project justice, and illbleed on other consoles durrr HuRR! dumbass!

Illbleed is not a good game.

It is a magical experience, but not a good game.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Snackula posted:

It's not that great to be honest, the panel may look like it came straight off a NAOMI cab but all the parts are cheap clones rather than the Sanwa stuff used in the arcade and it's all weird sizes so you can't even swap them easily. I say this as someone who spent three months' worth of allowance on it back in the day only to finally just give up and go back to a pad.

ANYTHING is better than the Dreamcast D-pad.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Commissar Ken posted:

ANYTHING is better than the Dreamcast D-pad.

probably the worst d-pad in existence

fake edit: actually lol wasn't that the main control method in Shenmue, because I remember that poo poo d-pad cutting into my thumb all the time, why the hell did yu suzuki think that was a good idea

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Awesome Welles posted:

probably the worst d-pad in existence

fake edit: actually lol wasn't that the main control method in Shenmue, because I remember that poo poo d-pad cutting into my thumb all the time, why the hell did yu suzuki think that was a good idea

Yeah, it and a couple of fighters will only let you use the D-pad to move and such. And it's not the WORST d-pad but that motherfucker is made out of adamantium and has no loving give and sharp (at least for a dpad) corners. After awhile you start to get a callus like loving child workers that knit all day but I don't get to play MvC2 that much anymore so... yeah.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

chaosbreather posted:

yeah man i love playing capcom vs snk2 on my.... oh

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

yeah man i love playing capcom vs snk2 on my.... oh

Arcade, PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation Network

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug