Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he's a tiny wrestle guy that hits like a truck full of gently caress. He's everything that we and Michael Elgin wishes he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

he's a tiny wrestle guy that hits like a truck full of gently caress. He's everything that we and Michael Elgin wishes he was.

Careful don't say this on twitter or Elgin will give you a stern talking to.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Careful don't say this on twitter or Elgin will give you a stern talking to.

He's already blocked me. We're good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

coconono posted:

He is what you'd get if you blended every puro trope together. He's a tiny dude who lifts like an ant, hits dudes really loving hard, then as a finish, drops them on their loving heads.

He's somehow around 5'5 and hit a stalling suplex on Lance Archer, who's legit just short of 7 foot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

He is what you'd get if you blended every puro trope together. He's a tiny dude who lifts like an ant, hits dudes really loving hard, then as a finish, drops them on their loving heads.

He's somehow around 5'5 and hit a stalling suplex on Lance Archer, who's legit just short of 7 foot.

He doesn't have anime hair tho. If we were gonna go full puro we'd need anime hair.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

He doesn't have anime hair tho. If we were gonna go full puro we'd need anime hair.

Nothing a "Hair vs Hair" match against Tanahashi couldn't solve.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I just checked and my cable system (Time Warner) isn't carrying WK9 live in favor of a UFC replay, but they are showing the 7-11pm showing Sunday night. $44.99 for HD. Now I just have to hope my PPV ordering doesn't gently caress up like it has the past few times considering I'm planning to watch UFC the night before plus WK9.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dunbar posted:

I just checked and my cable system (Time Warner) isn't carrying WK9 live in favor of a UFC replay, but they are showing the 7-11pm showing Sunday night. $44.99 for HD. Now I just have to hope my PPV ordering doesn't gently caress up like it has the past few times considering I'm planning to watch UFC the night before plus WK9.

I'm gonna be watching on NJPW World. I'm hoping with the music licensing that we no longer have muted themes.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
what music licensing?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

How the gently caress is this Flipps app supposed to work? I don't have a TV with a wifi connection and can't seem to load the app on my PC, and I sure as hell don't want to watch it on my phone. Looks like I'll just have to stick with the Japanese commentary, I really wanted to hear JR call it too :smith:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

coconono posted:

I'm gonna be watching on NJPW World. I'm hoping with the music licensing that we no longer have muted themes.

They'll seemingly never have Liger's theme. It's better but there will still be matches with a couple muted.

Wonder if the U.S. GFW PPV will have mutes at all...Hmm.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

enuhito posted:

Tomonori Oka passed NJPW Tryout in 2013. He is 185cm tall and 120kg. He is the master of Karate, Judo, wrestling, Jujutsu, Sambo and all martial arts. He is National Amateur wrestling Champion for free style over 120kg class in 2014. [...] He took NJPW Tryout in 2013, and he passed it. But now he is now NJPW roster but in Bushiroad Club which is amateur wrestling club by Bushiroad. [...] He aims to get Gold Medal at Tokyo Olympics in 2020. So he does not live in NJPW dormitory. He now works for Bushiraod and train for Olympics.
[...]
But New Year Today, Oka tweeted "I really wanna be the strongest prowrestler really soon". Wow. He really wanna be professional soon. But I found his tweet that he wants to be prowrestler because cute voice actresses love prowrestling these days. Oka is really so called "Otaku". He loves Anime, Manga and voice actress. [...] He is known as "Strongest Anime lover in the world".

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He's cool.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Him and Kenny Omega should hang out.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

win the gold for your country and your anime, Oka

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dick Murdoch and Killer Karl Kox are rolling over in their grave.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

Dick Murdoch and Killer Karl Kox are rolling over in their grave.

Probably because an Asian man is thinking of wrestling.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
He looks like a bruiser but his outfit is killing me.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i hope he loses

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

King of Sports

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Can't make out what anime his shirt is based on, but the towel is from Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai, an anime focused on joshi wrestling. Needless to say the focus is mostly on boobs and screaming, rather than wrestling moves.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he rules

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

With the ballot for 2014 awards going up, I thought I'd post my New Japan top 10 for the year. I didn't get a chance to go back and re-watch as many matches as I wanted, and this is in no way intended to be comprehensive, just my favorites from what I've seen.

1.) Minoru Suzuki vs. AJ Styles (8/1/14, G-1 Climax Day 7, Korakuen Hall)
2.) Tomoaki Honma vs. Katsuyori Shibata (8/3/14, G-1 Climax Day 8, Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium)
3.) Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada (3/6/14, New Japan 42nd Anniversary, Ota Ward Gymnasium)
4.) Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kazuchika Okada (8/10/14, G-1 Climax Finals, Seibu Dome)
5.) Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tetsuya Naito (2/11/14, New Beginning in Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium)
6.) Kota Ibushi vs. Ricochet (6/21/14, Dominion, Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium)
7.) Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (8/1/14, G-1 Climax Day 7, Korakuen Hall)
8.) Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii (5/25/14, Return to Yokohama Arena, Yokohama Arena)
9.) Alex Shelley/KUSHIDA vs. Matt & Nick Jackson (6/21/14, Dominion, Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium)
10.) Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (7/26/14, G-1 Climax Day 4, Akita Prefectural Gymnasium)

Honorable mentions -

Hirooki Goto vs. Kazuchika Okada (2/11/14, New Beginning in Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium)
KUSHIDA vs. Ricochet (6/8/14, Best of the Super Junior Finals, Yoyogi National Stadium Gymnasium #2)
Hirooki Goto/Katsuyori Shibata vs. Yuji Nagata/Tomoaki Honma (6/21/14, Dominion, Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium)

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

Future Top Star of NJPW

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KungFu Grip posted:

Pro-wrestling rules and Japanese pro-wrestling rules even more :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

He's my favorite now

• Locked thread