Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
anyway what exactly can't you handle about the grooves? it boils down to "what do I really want to be good at?"

c groove is if you like having meter all the time or if you want air block (charge characters for example really love air blocking so they can charge and still advance without being totally punished the way roll charging is)

a groove is if you play anime games and like to show off your execution dick by doing huge combos

p groove is if you hate projectiles a whole lot or are the yomi master but you're also cool with not rolling or really having any ability to advance at all. it's super defensive

s groove is basically x-factor where you get unlimited supers at low hp so if you have an annoying level 1 super you love to spam go for it. you also get dodge which you can literally just do over and over and be immune to everything besides grabs and that's fun

n groove is if you like having all the mobility options because you get to do basically everything the other grooves do but you don't get any real OP gimmicks

and k groove is the other one that's x-factor because you get to do half life if you land your super. dudes with easy combo supers like hikibi or whoever can be fradulent as hell in k-groove. it's also a pretty good aggressive groove even if you don't get rolls because you get run/short hop so you can RTSD all day. oh yeah and you get parrying only instead of recovering instantly you get some health back and if you mess up you just block normally anyway so this is the other "I hate projectiles" groove. you can also use either type of parrying in midair so you can RTSD without worrying about getting hit by shoryukens all day long

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

darealkooky posted:

anyway what exactly can't you handle about the grooves? it boils down to "what do I really want to be good at?"

c groove is if you like having meter all the time or if you want air block (charge characters for example really love air blocking so they can charge and still advance without being totally punished the way roll charging is)

a groove is if you play anime games and like to show off your execution dick by doing huge combos

p groove is if you hate projectiles a whole lot or are the yomi master but you're also cool with not rolling or really having any ability to advance at all. it's super defensive

s groove is basically x-factor where you get unlimited supers at low hp so if you have an annoying level 1 super you love to spam go for it. you also get dodge which you can literally just do over and over and be immune to everything besides grabs and that's fun

n groove is if you like having all the mobility options because you get to do basically everything the other grooves do but you don't get any real OP gimmicks

and k groove is the other one that's x-factor because you get to do half life if you land your super. dudes with easy combo supers like hikibi or whoever can be fradulent as hell in k-groove. it's also a pretty good aggressive groove even if you don't get rolls because you get run/short hop so you can RTSD all day. oh yeah and you get parrying only instead of recovering instantly you get some health back and if you mess up you just block normally anyway so this is the other "I hate projectiles" groove. you can also use either type of parrying in midair so you can RTSD without worrying about getting hit by shoryukens all day long

the grooves spell
CAPcom
and
SNK

:wth:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mortal Kombat 9 was really epic, but MK10 is kinda making me nervous.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i use nothing but k and n grooves

k geese is sick

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

k is "killer groove" and it plays killer instinct style

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
parries? hell no, I"m going to block and get bonuses for it

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Borsche69 posted:

Mortal Kombat 9 was really epic, but MK10 is kinda making me nervous.

MK10 is gonna own own OWWWN

literally the first time i gave a poo poo about Kano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RkQOfG22X0

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm white so I don't really "go ape" over fighting games like some people do.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm white so I don't really "go ape" over fighting games like some people do.

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son
I bought this for $10 on Gamecube back in 2004, combined with my brand spankin Soul Calibur 2 stick it was a solid year.

Owning people with Shin Akuma's drop-out-of-the-sky super never got old.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Eindyin posted:

I bought this for $10 on Gamecube back in 2004, combined with my brand spankin Soul Calibur 2 stick it was a solid year.

Owning people with Shin Akuma's drop-out-of-the-sky super never got old.

I used Color Edit to give Shin Akuma the regular Akuma palette and gently caress with my friends. It only worked once of course but it was fun.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

darealkooky posted:

thanks for this, I never really used any of the non c n or k grooves because I didn't really see the point in them, but hopefully I can do better now, cvs 2 is great, but I can't really get any of the people I know into it which sucks

still sticking with skullgirls being rad, it's all what marvel should be but with a smaller cast. different kind of game to cvs2 though

Falaflame
Dec 27, 2012

Eindyin posted:

soul calibur 2 sucks...

*xianghua voice* just kidding!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I played strekken for the first time in like two years, and for the first time since the Big Important Update happened

now I have cancer

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what if... they released cvs2 for the pc

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

darealkooky posted:

ignore all this and play k groove ratio 4 sagat

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Ixiggle posted:

ignore all this and play k groove ratio 4 sagat

SAUSAGE!

e: cvs2 remembered quotes time!

I knew that groove was in your heart!

I am red sun! I am party aider!

I won't shine his shoe!

HEY CMON CMON!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Kazvall posted:

e: cvs2 remembered quotes time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLekt6fGous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezmJO8v_S-4

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

DOUHBWE RAPUUUHHHHKEN. Geese Howard is a goddamn american treasure.

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son

Discount Viscount posted:

I used Color Edit to give Shin Akuma the regular Akuma palette and gently caress with my friends. It only worked once of course but it was fun.

This is genius. Actually worth dragging it back out again to do it on my mates

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

3d fighting games aren't even fit to wipe my rear end in a top hat, get that scrub poo poo outta here before I bop u

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

The only acceptable 3D fighting game is KOF 2006 and that's only because of it's over the top 80 bajillion hit/input combos. :colbert:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Commissar Ken posted:

The only acceptable 3D fighting game is KOF 2006 and that's only because of it's over the top 80 bajillion hit/input combos. :colbert:

is that the one where yuri fucks mai with her futa dick?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Kazvall posted:

is that the one where yuri fucks mai with her futa dick?

You're thinkin' of Deviant Art 2006.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Commissar Ken posted:

You're thinkin' of Deviant Art 2006.

Oh wait no I'm thinking of the yuri and friends sweet awesome futanari manga

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

actually tekken is really cool and owns (all the odd numbered ones and the tag games, anyway)

I'm sorry I deceived you all

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son

Falaflame posted:

soul calibur 2 sucks...

*xianghua voice* just kidding!

It's a Hori SC2 stick, I've got a GC to USB converter so I can still use it on SF4, it's great.

And SC2 is actually the best SC game that's why they remade it no lie

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

pokken fighters will revitalize the genre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

pokken fighters will revitalize the genre

It'll.

• Locked thread