Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
hey man I'm just working a few extra hours tonight but I'll be home and on by 7:10 eastern hopefully that's cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

human being Guy posted:

hey man I'm just working a few extra hours tonight but I'll be home and on by 7:10 eastern hopefully that's cool?

Not a problem, just msg me when you are ready ill be playing 2k15

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I'm coming! Just updating PS4 stuff.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
loving drop.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
stream that poo poo im at work and need to see this

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Geno just died1

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
woulndt let me snap :(

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
NO WAY!!!

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I can't believe I let that slip away! GG man that was tight the whole way. I really wish I woulda picked up one of those fumbles.

0:11 from victory :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Think I should have picked that haha but oh well this is Madden after all.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 29, 2014

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Colts win 15-12 over Panthers. Geno got killed twice but came back both times. Phantom hand game ;)

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

human being Guy posted:

I can't believe I let that slip away! GG man that was tight the whole way. I really wish I woulda picked up one of those fumbles.

0:11 from victory :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Think I should have picked that haha but oh well this is Madden after all.

I can't believe I actually got the ball back with some time left on the clock, especially after two fumbles that I somehow recovered.

Other than having the game play like old people gently caress in the first half, the second half was loving INCREDIBLE.

THE COLTS ARE THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS AGAIN! What a dog fight that ended with a score of 15-2.

Coming into this game I told myself that if I lose its going to be to Geno Smith throwing the ball. All I was concentrated on was Peterson and outside of the TD he ran in he got contained yard wise. Geno Smith went down twice with injuries but was able to return. FG played some really great clock management while on the other side totally shutting down my throwing game in the first half and bending but not breaking for the runs. The second half was more of the same but I punted on my first possession of the half and didn't get the ball back till the fourth quarter. I was able to eat some clock but then got sacked which left me plenty out of field goal range and I threw a pick in the endzone trying to force it to Fitzgerald. On the next play I gambled correctly by throwing a cornerback blitz that forced AP out of bounds with only a two yard gain, and from there I had enough time outs to get the ball back.

My final drive looked to be stalling as the zone coverage wasn't letting anything through and I didn't have enough time to dance with Tannehill, but I saw an opportunity to throw a corner strike route and somehow Larry Fitzgerald grabbed it right out of the hands of the safety for the go ahead touchdown with 11 seconds left.

Hats off to FG for playing a tough gritty game, and honestly if the fumble(s) or 4th down conversion or that sure TD that was dropped by your wideout had not of went my way I would have gotten crushed. This team does not play well from behind after Tannehill's noodle arm got patched.

Can't wait for season 2, season 1 was a goddamn blast!!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
All hail the Colts, congratz on earning the season 2 bullseye.

Advancing to resign when i get home. Lets power through this total trash FA period because were gonna see the worst FA pool ever.

Ideally, were drafting Friday and starting season 2.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
You are much more well spoken than I am, haha. I was trying to upload some highlights but all it kept was the replay I was looking at of the game winner. I'll put it up I suppose so people can marvel at just how close this game really came down to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwT4J7JGbQA

E: And this classic form Dubs and I in Madden 25 first game I ever played vs human in that game pretty sure.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 29, 2014

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

human being Guy posted:

You are much more well spoken than I am, haha. I was trying to upload some highlights but all it kept was the replay I was looking at of the game winner. I'll put it up I suppose so people can marvel at just how close this game really came down to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwT4J7JGbQA

Holy gently caress the commercials weren't fake, he just loving one handed that out of your hand.

That's it, i'm going vegetarian just like Fitz.....(ok no loving way but drat)

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Yuzenn posted:

Holy gently caress the commercials weren't fake, he just loving one handed that out of your hand.

That's it, i'm going vegetarian just like Fitz.....(ok no loving way but drat)

HAHA awesome.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Hmm friday draft is gonna kinda suck, kids trick or treating and having family over. Gonna have to trust the CPU ugh (maybe my vita can save me)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Resign your guys. All I had to resign was super late round trash and waiver depth.

If FA is as bad as I suspect we may be able to draft sooner.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I signed everybody I wanted too. Nobody was important though.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

I signed everybody I wanted too. Nobody was important though.

yea, we'll decide the course once we see the FA list. probably later tonight if everyone looks at their resigns and gets those in, otherwise tomorrow for certain.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Brady Quinn didn't like my offer. Oh darn.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Just got home gonna do my stuff asap.

e: Done, haha nobody important on a contract year!

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 29, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I don't think there's going to be a single noteworthy FA this season.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

I don't think there's going to be a single noteworthy FA this season.

Yea I really dont think we'll see anything good in the FA pool until season 3; everybody good is on multi year contracts and cap issues aren't going to happen because everyone's cap space is the same, which is ample.

If the FA pool is garbage as I expect it to be, i'm probably moving us right on to scouting, and we can draft tomorrow or Friday and just get the season rolling.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

Yea I really dont think we'll see anything good in the FA pool until season 3; everybody good is on multi year contracts and cap issues aren't going to happen because everyone's cap space is the same, which is ample.

If the FA pool is garbage as I expect it to be, i'm probably moving us right on to scouting, and we can draft tomorrow or Friday and just get the season rolling.

I know I'm part of the reason this got pushed back but tomorrow would be so much better than Friday being the holiday and all....

I just don't want my defensive guy I've been eyeing to get snatched from meeeee

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Yuzenn posted:

I know I'm part of the reason this got pushed back but tomorrow would be so much better than Friday being the holiday and all....

I just don't want my defensive guy I've been eyeing to get snatched from meeeee

Yeah tomorrow would give me an exvuse to come home and be forced to watch carolina lose.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ok so plan to draft tomorrow evening. Id like to say at 630 pst. The draf itself will take us about 30-45 minutes.

I have us at FA day two until we draft so put in offers on any of the old, regressing scrubs on the trash hea if you want depth, but be warned this FA pool is garbage. The prize of the litter is a 32 year old greg jennings and some kickers and old fullbacks.

Scouting is available during this phase as well. As are position changes - just be sure of desired position as changing will drop awareness and keep doing it if you switch back.

We can make trades now too if anyone is inclined.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget, drafting tonight at 630 PST, scout your mans, propose any trades for picks with users (we can't deal with the CPU)

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I'm gonna miss the draft. Hopefully by some miracle my auto-GM picks a receiving TE.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I shall be there. Team's looking a little ragged at depth now.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Roger that, cracking the first beer now seems appropriate.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Ill try to divide my attention between the draft and the Saints game.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ready when you are.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Made a party chat, moving to day of the draft

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Starting this

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Internet is loving me and not letting my verify my drat license for the game so the auto gods have me at their mercy.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So that 84 speed 6'6 244lb WR that I converted into a TE now has like 75 speed. I knew changing positions docked awareness, but gently caress making him a TE made him slower?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
new thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677561

• Locked thread