Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i will be purchasing 2 880 TI's when they come out

current windows index score: 7.9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I have my water cooling system routed through my gaming chair so I can keep my nuts at an optimal temperature and preserve my precious sperm

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
it doesnt matter BBG, you will never beat the majesty of the gaming rig that Fame Douglas owns.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i got a net book and a 360

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Video Viddy Games posted:

Fame Douglas owns.

hmmm...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

thats cold man, i mean he owns a gaming rig, not that he himself owns. please dont slander me in such ways it is damaged to my cred

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

thats cold man, i mean he owns a gaming rig, not that he himself owns. please dont slander me in such ways it is damaged to my cred

what cred

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

im trying to build it up. yeh its taking time but thats cred

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

if you don't have a custom built rig then youre not a gamer

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

im trying to build it up. yeh its taking time but thats cred

im just joshing you man, lighten up a bit

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I have 6 PCs all running on an i7 of assorted types and the least powerful is sporting a Geforce 580GTX,

I should probably upgrade when the 800 series gets going.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

im just joshing you man, lighten up a bit

no worries man! was on the road to deak retard there

Bbg saves another imp

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I thought this was the big roasting station to make fun of fat people :(

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have 6 PCs all running on an i7 of assorted types and the least powerful is sporting a Geforce 580GTX,

I should probably upgrade when the 800 series gets going.

drat i got like 8 computers all running various bullshit but only one computer i have has a 'good' processor and that's an i5.

t reap what kind of job do you have?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

The Taint Reaper

rename him Le Taint Reaper

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LaTex Fetish posted:

if you don't have a custom built rig then youre not a gamer

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i dont remember i just play everything at max settings and hope for the best

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i have a pc and when i run games on it the games run pretty good

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LaTex Fetish posted:

t reap what kind of job do you have?

I am an all powerful wizard

Also great way to pick up a high powered PC for a mere fraction of the cost is to find out which companies are going out of business and swoop in there for whatever furniture and hardware you need.

Alternatively work at one of these companies going under and just wait for the boss to come in at a drunken stupor and have him fire everyone and then ask if you can keep your work computer.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

yeah i got donated this huge rear end, old as gently caress (but still pretty beefy) rack mounted server from a friend when their employeer went out of business. ran a minecraft server from it for a while and it was fun.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

Professional hoarder then

hoarders have no sense of organization or cleanliness.

Not only that but I have a family and I sure as hell am not having people share my computer.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Le Taint Reaper is a Family Man

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Le Tainte Reaper

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

moissonneur

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Le croque of poo poo Monsieur

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

I said "Professional", not "Amateur", for a reason

Yeah but a bunch of i7's all linked together to share processing power really helps speed along workflow for certain programs. When the alternative is just sitting around and waiting, it's a question of productivity.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

current windows index score: 7.9

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i think the taint reaper is the most interesting poster in the imp zone. even if he makes weird threads & posts, it adds to the mystery of the taint reaper

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LaTex Fetish posted:

i think the taint reaper is the most interesting poster in the imp zone. even if he makes weird threads & posts, it adds to the mystery of the taint reaper

If I told people that the entire Zoe Quinn thing is an act and none of the people involved are sincere and it's a whole big Kaufman-esque act, nobody would believe me.

Seriously it's like WWE wrestling drama.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my computer has white and green lights. also the cable management is impeccable thanks to those rubber buttholes built into the case

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i have a 7.7 because of my ram

8gb of lovely slow ram is my burden

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

I'm not upgrading my CPU until DDR4 comes out because there's really no loving point right now.

nice dude, grats on the good rig

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I'm not upgrading my CPU until DDR4 comes out because there's really no loving point right now.

:confused:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

zen death robot posted:

pretty jelly zdr. the slowest thing on my rig is my hard drive which apparently nets a 5.9 rating. everything else is 7.9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

LaTex Fetish posted:

pretty jelly zdr. the slowest thing on my rig is my hard drive which apparently nets a 5.9 rating. everything else is 7.9.

need to get on dat ssd hype

• Locked thread