Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

It says it's Free to Play which makes me wary. is it loaded with microtransactions?

nope. cosmetic only except for bonus stash space, but the base stash isn't small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

01011001 posted:

i think it only has cosmetic ones but i could be wrong

Indeed. The microtransactions consist of weapon effects, alternate skill particles, armor effects, items that let you change a piece of equipment to look like another, and the only payable item anyone complains about, somewhat pettily, are additional stash tabs. They're entirely optional and absolutely unnecessary to succeed. Setting up your own item shop *might* require buying a few but if spending ten bucks on a free to play game in order to support the developers is too much for you, it's cool. It's a great game with an overwhelming amount of choices in the passive tree that take some adjusting to, but once you understand how it works, it's really fun to play. The storyline isn't streamlined and you have to do a little digging to understand what the gently caress is really going on in Wraeclast, but ARPGs are more about the loot and your character build. I recommend picking it up if you want a more Diablo-like experience than D3 provides.

Dec 26, 2012

dont take that as an endorsement by the way, there are a score of problems with it but the free to play bit isnt one of them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Path of Exile cash shop is cosmetic only and PoE is actually really awesome now. The game did use to suck, not gonna lie, it had all sorts of bad balance issues. The devs listened to the sane players though and made some real smart decisions with the gameplay and passive skill tree so now it's pretty fun to play.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
/oos

Dec 26, 2012

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Hoodrich posted:

path of exile is worse than diablo 3 which is very bad

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

it also helps that PoE's developers are decent human beings that fix broken poo poo in a timely manner and keep things fresh every league with new content

yeah the desync is dumb mostly because they don't design the game around it by using tight corridors and being able to miss hits which make it 10 times more noticable but at least for me it's a small price to pay for everything else the game has to offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PoE is very bad and the only good thing about it is the leagues and races but they are ideas that could make any game better, but their in a bad one so it's just a shame.

• Locked thread