Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm playing it for the first time years after release after hearing it was kinda bad just because I don't want to make an epic level character from scratch for Mask of the Betrayer and it's actually pretty fun

does...does this mean I'd also enjoy Dragon Age 2? :wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
Let's not get too crazy, OP

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The campaign isn't bad and there's some cool moments but the first act could have been cut to 1/4th of its size without losing anything

hope you like wandering around mountains killing orcs for six hours op

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I mean I looked at the LP of DA2 and it looked really bad but I dunno what to believe anymore

Edit: Yeah I'm on Act 2 now and Act 1 dragged a bit but had enough good stuff that I still enjoyed it. I take it making it through Act 1 means I'm gonna love the later acts because they're supposed to be a lot better

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah basically. They're paced a lot better and have way more unique stuff in them. Act 2's opening is basically phoenix wright.

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
I played through a decent chunk of DA2 in a few days but I honestly can't remember much other than the combat getting boring and feeling like I was just going through to motions to progress in the main quest.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
that trial was really cool. it was basically the epitome of what video game writing should be, totally fluid and reactive, taking complete advantage of the medium instead of ignoring it or trying to minimize it (everything Bioware does)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
it sucked

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
yeah

for the WORST FORUMS GUY

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i liked it, however i lost my save during act 2 and now i can't bring myself to make it through act 1 again

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
its ok. if you played through it once there's no reason to ever touch it again tho.

Wits2k1
Jun 7, 2002

The Sharmat posted:

I'm playing it for the first time years after release after hearing it was kinda bad just because I don't want to make an epic level character from scratch for Mask of the Betrayer and it's actually pretty fun

good opinions right here

Dec 26, 2012

act 1 is interminable

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

The Neverwinter series got better over time. The only direction the Dragon Age series is going is down.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i like the nwn2 campaign as well. upgrading the keep in particular is pretty fun, and a number of the characters are likable if a bit stereotypical. the overarching plot blows, but oh well

dont play DA2 though

a slim pixie
Dec 29, 2008

an earworm burrowed into my frontal lobe

The Sharmat posted:

that trial was really cool. it was basically the epitome of what video game writing should be, totally fluid and reactive, taking complete advantage of the medium instead of ignoring it or trying to minimize it (everything Bioware does)

Regardless of the outcome of the trial, the result is always the same. You fight the guy.

Bioware copied it with the Landsmeet from Origins.

Obsidian likely copied it from Chrono Trigger.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
itw as OK imo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
the trial was kind of cool, but otherwise the oc ranges from being boring garbage to intensely mediocre. it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so loving long, but it just goes on and on and is never really satisfying

that's pretty much half of what makes motb great is that it's fairly short

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I can't remember what companions were boring. All of them but that dwarf that just wanted to punch dudes?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

grobnar is a useless retard that everyone hates which is p cool

bishop and sand have some good lines

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I could have sworn there was a thread exactly like this but for NWN1, which I never completed due to boredom.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
reminder: you all hated the ending

unless you were brain damaged

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I could never get through act 1, and always felt dirty making a new character for MotB so I never played that either.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
The worst thing about NWN2 is the engine, especially the faces.

I mean, god drat is the game ugly.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
1000 million years fighting orcs in some caves.
Awful interface and party controls (and AI).
The worst companions ever created, especially the druid character (Elanee?)
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Buck Turgidson posted:

The worst companions ever created, especially the druid character (Elanee?)

you can't just say things like that when Dragon Age 2 companions exist

• Locked thread