Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I need to actually play the first four Silent Hill games to completion but I don't actually own any of them. Is the HD collection any good or should I just go get all the PS2 versions or is there another, better option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Judging from the series the game is based on, I'm gonna go with poo poo, OP.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
supposedly one of the worst hd remasters ever

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

its poo poo go for the ps2 versions

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i hear it fucks things up real bad in 2, poo poo like turning the water into bright rear end mercury and screwing the draw distance so you can tell the edges of the world are a stones throw away in a ton of places

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
the new voice acting is kinda good but they're poo poo ports with weird slowdown all over the place and other issues. the ps3 version got patched for the most part but i'd recommend finagling the pc ports at that point

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

the silent hill hd collection presents silent hill 2 and 3 in their true intended glory

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i've heard that the PC version of 2 is much better, OP

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shite

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Top remake goes to RE1 on the gamecube.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It's poo poo, OP.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Kazvall posted:

Top remake goes to RE1 on the gamecube.

It's getting an hd remaster and is heading to steam. can I get a gently caress yeah

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Looks like the shits have it. Thanks, imp z

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Cyra posted:

It's getting an hd remaster and is heading to steam. can I get a gently caress yeah

My cuntry boner, it won't go down.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

either buy the PS2 games or just :filez: the PC versions until Konami puts them on steam

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
silent hill games are bad

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
its worse play on pc w/ resolution patches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Awesome Welles posted:

either buy the PS2 games or just :filez: the PC versions until Konami puts them on steam

from what i rememebr the PC versions had some pretty hi rez textures anyway, especially 3

• Locked thread