Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Abandon posted:

are the draugr in skyrim liches, mummies or zombies? i need to know for tax purposes

I'd say they're zombies. They don't have phylacteries, so that's out the window, and they don't have bandages on, so they aren't classified as mummies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

1upclock posted:

There is in fact a Lich in our world today, cursing our existence as we speak.

LULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tin Soldier
Apr 13, 2005

Becoming a lich seems really easy with how many of them were in Baldur's Gate II.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
i'm gaelic

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

the necromancer leans in close to me and whispers in my ear "I've got a reanimated cat that's more pussy than you're ever gonna see."

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Abandon posted:

are the draugr in skyrim liches, mummies or zombies? i need to know for tax purposes
they're ghosts, obv

:iceland:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

iceland is basically just ghosts and eve online and that's it

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
Watching someone playing that part on skyrim where there is a draugur that is capable of doing the fus-roh-dah bullshit and the damage it causes on the player is so pathetically low it's just loving hilarious. I mean, IIRC that move is supposed to cause more knockback than damage but seeing as he can only attack up close it kind of helps the player.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

program666 posted:

Watching someone playing that part on skyrim where there is a draugur that is capable of doing the fus-roh-dah bullshit and the damage it causes on the player is so pathetically low it's just loving hilarious. I mean, IIRC that move is supposed to cause more knockback than damage but seeing as he can only attack up close it kind of helps the player.

That does sound pretty hilarious. I'm imagining a tiny number and laughing my rear end off.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
numbers are fun and tiny numbers are inherently funny

-a g*mer

it's true though

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
dorian gray was a lich

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That does sound pretty hilarious. I'm imagining a tiny number and laughing my rear end off.
I mean, it's supposed to be terrifying but ends up looking like a old bun trying to scream for change.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Skylark posted:

You raise an interesting point... So were litches actually first invented for Dungeons and Dragons? I thought all the monsters in that were traditional and existed in various folk traditions or whatever.

they're based on koschei the deathless iirc but only indirectly. It's a d&d thing.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Skylark posted:

You raise an interesting point... So were litches actually first invented for Dungeons and Dragons? I thought all the monsters in that were traditional and existed in various folk traditions or whatever.

like the ancient lore of the beholder

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

program666 posted:

i was once in that one dungeon for the companions thats bugged and really overpowered, and ended up in a room with a dozen draugr deathlords who were all doing fus roh dah like wombo combo and ended up knocking me right through the wall, out of the boss room, and i fell through space and landed back at the dungeon entrance and had to noclip through the gate to get back into the boss room!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

well, now that's legit terrifying

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd say they're zombies. They don't have phylacteries, so that's out the window, and they don't have bandages on, so they aren't classified as mummies.

What if they started boxing and wearing boxing bandages? Would they be then zombies or mummies?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

zombies with mummyhands

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Disco Infiva posted:

What if they started boxing and wearing boxing bandages? Would they be then zombies or mummies?

mummies are about more than bandages god

there's a whole complicated embalming process and organ removal and poo poo

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sticky Fingers
Jul 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abandon posted:

i was once in that one dungeon for the companions thats bugged and really overpowered, and ended up in a room with a dozen draugr deathlords who were all doing fus roh dah like wombo combo and ended up knocking me right through the wall, out of the boss room, and i fell through space and landed back at the dungeon entrance and had to noclip through the gate to get back into the boss room!

no fuckin' way bro

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
yes way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

mummies are about more than bandages god

there's a whole complicated embalming process and organ removal and poo poo

The Draugr have tons of jars modeled after egyption canopic jars in their dungeons. Mummies.

• Locked thread