Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i think i got a good year for gaming but not for culture in general. being a few years older, born in 1980 so all your teen years were in the 90s is better. but i was 14 and had no friends when the one great golden age of pc gaming happened (1996-2001 was the golden age) so things could not have been better. those were days in gaming that glow in my memory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

The most important thing is that your a teen when wow came out.

I was a teen, but I wasn't dumb enough to play WoW.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
the only essential mmo is ultima online

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

WoW is loving epic mate.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Remember when all your junior high friends all started playing WoW because of the loving epic South Park episode?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hoodrich posted:

Remember when all your junior high friends all started playing WoW because of the loving epic South Park episode?

No.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was like 12 and not even then I was dumb enough to play it

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You missed out.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Hoodrich posted:

Everyone I knew was already playing wow and going dude, did you see the wow south park, it was epic.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Ragg posted:

You missed out.

Yeah. Vanilla WoW was something special.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
WoW was a good game if you liked EQ style MMOs but I can understand the hate from people that don't like that kind of game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i was born in 1982 and i got to experience all the cool games at the right age. though i missed out on a few essential consoles due to being a filthy poor

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hoodrich posted:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I wasn't in junior high when that episode first aired. this board is filled with literal children

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
as an 86er the atari is an overrated piece of crap

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Dongslayer. posted:

as an 86er the atari is an overrated piece of crap

pressure cooker

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
im a teen, the teen gaming life is prime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

1900 because you'd be dead before dragon age 2 came out

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Average Bear posted:

im a teen, the teen gaming life is prime

cherish it. you've got to cherish it

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
probably 1984 because you could be a kid during the NES/SNES era, be a teen during the N64 era, go to college during the PS2 era, and then have a real job and be too busy and grown up to play video games during the Xbox 360 era, where gaming died

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I was 85 and think it was a good year. I got an NES cheap, it lasted me till SNES, then poo poo like Sony came out and wow 3d games. Then PC games picked up and welp yeah its been a goood run so far. I got to see it from simple to amazing. I've enjoyed the ride so far.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Tekopo posted:

can confirm that being born in 86 owned

This.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Its 1991.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

3095 because by then we'll have time machines and can go back to any other prime gaming year

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
a lot of wrong goons here but this guy gets it. the soviet union collapsed, i was born, having a loving old NES as my first system, then being the coolest kid ever for having a playstation 1 and my first pc game was mechwarrior 2.

Hoodrich posted:

i was in high school when that episode came out and I was the only one in my advisory class who ever played wow.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

1900 because you'd be dead before dragon age 2 came out

the stuff leading up to Dragon Age 2 and the fallout after its release was glorious and I wouldn't miss it for the world

but I have a weird fetish for bad game releases so

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
what the gently caress is an advisory class

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
it's what they called homeroom at my high school. supposedly the teacher was there to advise us, in reality she was never there and i put doom 2 on the computer and spent the year playing that instead of doing useful poo poo.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Number Two Stunna posted:

probably 1984 because you could be a kid during the NES/SNES era, be a teen during the N64 era, go to college during the PS2 era, and then have a real job and be too busy and grown up to play video games during the Xbox 360 era, where gaming died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*pats the console gamers on the head* Yes, little faggots. Gaming died with the Xbox 360.

• Locked thread