Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I already picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade, Resistance 2 and 3 (both for 18 bux) but now I don't know what to do with the rest

Should I pre-order Hyrule Warriors or wait for Bayonetta 2?

Or maybe I should get the Mario 3D World game but...but I just can't decide! What do you guys think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
nah keep trading in games to gamestop; they rule

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

buy capcom vs snk 2

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
hyrule warriors is just dynasty warriors but instead of controlling Dong Suk you're controlling a fay little man in green pajamas

so i don't know maybe it's an improvement

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Buy $60 in redeemable steam money then use it on a sale.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
best bang heh heh

Soral
May 30, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I think you should stop trading in used games to gamestop because they rip you off there, just my thoughts.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

why the gently caress are you going to gaemstop like some casual scum, op?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i go every once in a while to trade it stuff there if I want a game right away and don't feel like paying cash.
I try to donate old games or sell them online when I'm done, but getting MGR:R a few months ago for no money because I had duplicate copies of Mario 64 DS is pretty sweet in a pinch.
anything mario/zelda they pay approaching decent money for i guess.

still gently caress them though. the scripted register conversation is so loving predatory.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
see how many games you can buy

back when the ps2 was dying i got like 20 games for that and they mostly owned

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Sims 4.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Trading in games at Gamestop is bascially a scam. That being said, I'd recommend Super Mario 3D World.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gamestop charges an extra five bucks on nearly all of their 3DS games and that's BULLSHIT.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Seriously though how many games did you trade in to get that much.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

bayonetta 2, OP.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
mfw people trade in at gamestop and preorder games

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Pewdiepie posted:

Buy $60 in redeemable steam money then use it on a sale.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Cosby Onahole posted:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Gaystop

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

With Bayonetta 2 you get Bayonetta One.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cosby Onahole posted:

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I think you'd have to trade in like, a NES world championship cart to get 60$ do fROM Gamestop

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

Seriously though how many games did you trade in to get that much.

I traded in about 20 all told--one of the biggest yields came from the Adventure Time DS game. In fact, I got $58 from a bunch of DS games, then a shitload of small change from a bunch of old PS3 launch titles, Skyrim and so on. Gamestop had a %50 store credit boost coupon spcial going on, so I sold $120 worth of games and ended up with $181, which then gave me the funds to buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade. I ordered a Wii Mote on Amazon 'cause I could get a Mote and Nunchuck for $15 rather than dropping $40. So now I can afford a full price new release!

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Check if they have any last-gen Konami / Natsume / Koei / Capcom / Aksys / XSeed / Atlus / Namco rare releases in stock at a local store. Can get some pretty expensive games cheap at Gamestop sometimes since they're not up on current market prices for DS/PSP/X360/PS3/Wii.

They have copies of Dokapon Kingdom for under market price usually but it's not the gold mine it used to be before the re-release. Dokapon Journey is like a $60 game they have for $10.

Gamestop does this hilarious poo poo where they wait for the price to jump up due to artificial scarcity then unleash a horde of copies from their warehouse.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 1, 2014

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

can't stop gay

the gay is already in you

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

matrix ripoff posted:

can't stop gay

the gay is already in you

Pretty sure Azure_Horizon got banned for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey guys I found my Wii-Mote that I thought I lost so now I'm playing Metroid Prime Trilogy and it's super awesome and stuff so I guess this thread is redundant now.

• Locked thread