Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Couldn't really get the parallax scrolling working but I still like it I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godsavethefritos
Jan 20, 2008
Been a really long time since I sat down and drew anything. So I just doodled a bit. Mainly eyes.

I have a much better time when I remember that I'm not in high school where I was limited in size to a piece of notebook paper. I just found half a pack of Bristol Boards in my closet so I can try doing something a bit larger. When I try to draw on a small surface I can never get the level of symmetry I want.

Cartyisme
Dec 23, 2011

30 x40 in. I think it's funny.

Godsavethefritos
Jan 20, 2008
I really like that. How much would you charge to do the SA frontpage? Once I have some walkin around money I want to buy a art.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Recently found a great love for working with ink, and today was values practising day.

Still need to erase all the pencil marks, but I really like how it turned out.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

A GIANT rear end CHUNK OF CRYSTAL METH

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

Grown-up Louise from Bob's Burgers?

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Drawing uggos, messing with brushes. What brushes do you guys usually pull out to draw hair?

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Fridtjof Nansen posted:

Grown-up Louise from Bob's Burgers?

Heheh. I admit it. I swapped out the ears.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

snucks posted:

Drawing uggos, messing with brushes. What brushes do you guys usually pull out to draw hair?

Start with a hard round/elliptical, use the shadow value of the hair. Then, using a scratchy brush (there's loads of "hair" brushes for Photoshop, but they're essentially scratch brushes), add in the strands on the edges of your shape, work in the midtones, then major highlights, then finally, go to a tiny hard round for the shading of individual strands, if you're going that far.

That's how I've generally done it when I wanted it detailed in Photoshop, anyhoo. Lemme see if I can find one of the relevant IFX tutorials... Ah, here's one.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

snucks posted:

Which brush is that for the texture you have on the skin?

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Thoughts on next month's theme?

Also it's usually not a good idea to draw every strand of hair (unless you're going for hyperrealism or something) since all that detail draws the eye directly to it. I draw hair as big fat locks or ribbons with the oil-pastel brush.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Humboldt Squid posted:

Thoughts on next month's theme?

Journeys, maybe? Something spooky (Yeah, know that happened last year, so it's not a serious suggestion)? B-Movies/Pulp? Just a couple to throw out there.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

For Sketch Dailies, 'Jekyll & Hyde'.

How's about 'strange locations' for the theme? Journeys is also good.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
B movies is a great shout, I've been working on an Eraserhead picture for the last 3 weeks so can kick things off from there

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

I also vote for B movies. Great idea.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

petrol blue posted:

How's about 'strange locations' for the theme? Journeys is also good.

I vote for this. Gotta get good at scenery.

Cartyisme
Dec 23, 2011

24 x 36 in.

Polkergeist
Sep 2, 2011

pandaK posted:

I vote for this. Gotta get good at scenery.

Strangeness and scenery. Two things we could all stand to learn more about. Thirded!

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I flipped a coin and came up with 'strange locations' (plus b-movies is a little close to last month's theme) gotta go look up some spooky locations I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

New thread is uuuuup! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668934

• Locked thread