Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
This games kinda cool I guess. I really like westerns and shooting the guns from that period in a cool way. BUT one thing I don't like, is the cel-shaded artstyle. Itrs very visually confusing, it creates a lot of noise when youre trying to aim at something. I wish they would amke another Call of Juarez game like the second one. Well, cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
The showdown mechanics are really annoying but it's a good game otherwise

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
The story is hilarious it is basically some Original Character Mary Sue cowboy fighting and beating all of the big name outlaws from that era.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Concordat posted:

The story is hilarious it is basically some Original Character Mary Sue cowboy fighting and beating all of the big name outlaws from that era.

That's the point? :confused:

It's just some old dude rambling on about poo poo to pass the time. Even the loading screens say that you probably shouldn't believe him.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I still don't really get the showdown mechanics. But yeah it's pretty OK game. I'm still on the third or fourth level because I stopped caring. It does nothing revolutionary and it's basically just a fps with bullet time and mild RPG elements. But I like Western settings and the sound/music of the game are all top notch.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Have we decided which RPG path is the best? Shotguns?

Soral
May 30, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Have we decided which RPG path is the best? Shotguns?

sharpshooter has a skill that lets you trade your bullet time meter to just instantly kill all guys in range, so uh, that one

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I liked in call of juarez 1 how you could read from a bible. Can you do that in any of the later Call's?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I liked it op.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i thought it was a fun game that i got for $5, OP. i liked the art style, but i can understand your complaints.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i played this and thought it was really boring so i stopped

thats my call of jarez gunslinger story

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Zurreco posted:

That's the point? :confused:

It's just some old dude rambling on about poo poo to pass the time. Even the loading screens say that you probably shouldn't believe him.

I just meant knowing about all of the names that get dropped in it makes it more amusing.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I liked the shotgun upgrades since there was one that lets you fire infinite shots in bullet time without reloading. Get akimbo sawed-offs, press mouse2 and let rip.

I also had trouble with the showdowns first, but basically just worry about keeping the reticule on the dude and press a and d occasionally to keep your hand aligned to the gun. Usually you have to press a a bunch at the start to get the hand somewhere near the gun but after that you can mostly forget about it.

When it's time to draw, don't shoot too early or you miss. After you've drawn, wait for the aiming reticule to appear first. If you worry about the other dude hitting you, you can press a and d to dodge, just like in those last breath dodges. You just have to time the dodge right. Dodge too early and it won't work.

It's a cool game and I like how the storytelling aspect is used in the levels when the others call the guy out on his bullshit. The artwork is a bit busy and colourful, but the bullet time highlights enemies so you can quickly flash that to pick out targets and then take them out in real time if you're low on the bullet time.

Edit: Q, not mouse2. Thinking of Max Payne there.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 2, 2014

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a good game, and won Best Cameo of a Former American President: 2013.

Please respect the juarezverse.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the game is good, OP, although the storytelling conceit adds very little

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
can you change the fov in it cause it was like 50 and made the game poo poo

it was kinda fun apart from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Foxhound posted:

can you change the fov in it cause it was like 50 and made the game poo poo

it was kinda fun apart from that

Uhh i dsunno. you mgiht be abnle to in the console. It doesnt really bother me though.

• Locked thread