Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
it's fun but flawed. the people expecting a gaming miracle that would usher in the Golden Age of Gaming are idiots.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Some people do!

Example:

i agree with you, i feel bad for anyone trying to make a good point on metacritic. it'll inevitably be lost in a sea of 0/10 WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED IT'S LITERALLY HITLER and 10/10 GOTY ALL YEARS PUT THIS GAME IN THE GUGGENHEIM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navigation
Sep 30, 2009

keithy george posted:

Why does every mission in Destiny have to end with a completely empty 30 second countdown? Just sit there and have a long hard think about how much fun you're having?

it's so you can pick up your loots that might be scattered around on the ground before you get whisked away.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone in here my friend? Lets play. I'm BrettRobb on ps4

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

BrettRobb posted:

I will try to remember to add you after work tomorrow

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Game took like 7 hours to install so I fell asleep after level 3 or something

Gooth
Jul 9, 2012

Makes the world taste good!

BrettRobb posted:

I'm albino-creep on ps4, lets be best gamer bros

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So I guess the answers were

A) 0 days
B) $0
C) no
D) no

Gdi Destiny if you were gonna be overhyped why couldn't you be an entertaining train wreck instead of just "pretty fun if you like console fpses I guess"

I guess that Imp Zone lost today, boys, but the real winners... Are the gamers. *every user made Destiny character comes in for a HUGE party*

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Friend got the PS4+this game bundle in anticipation of bloodborne. Exclusive trip reporthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg2im6mi0eo

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I'm just burnt out or stupid but I kinda like this game. It's diff than the poo poo I normally play.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

BrettRobb posted:

Maybe I'm just burnt out or stupid but I kinda like this game. It's diff than the poo poo I normally play.

It's interesting. You have to approach it like you would an mmo rather than a shooter I think

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It's interesting. You have to approach it like you would an mmo rather than a shooter I think

but the only proper way to approach an mmo is to not play it

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It's like an MMO but with gameplay more interesting than "left-click on an enemy and then mash 1"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
is the shooting really satisfying? all the reviews kept gushing about it but all the guns look really lame in all the gameplay vids I've seen.

Dec 26, 2012

all ive seen of the game was that video sunandspring posted which made it look like a wet turd. maybe other gun types are better?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

01011001 posted:

all ive seen of the game was that video sunandspring posted which made it look like a wet turd. maybe other gun types are better?

The only unique gun outside of the standard FPS arsenal is a chargeable pulse gun that has a tiny range and has limited ammo, so no. And your powers (which all seem to be AoE attacks save for the golden revolver the hunter gets) take forever to recharge.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Ya it's basically just shoot poo poo with health bars like mass effect or borderlands

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I got a hat that resets my melee cd when I hit something with a grenade but that seems useless and it should be the opposite

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

is the shooting really satisfying? all the reviews kept gushing about it but all the guns look really lame in all the gameplay vids I've seen.

It's maybe slightly more satisfying than Halo's was. So it's up to how much you liked Halo really.

Gooth
Jul 9, 2012

Makes the world taste good!
Story wise this is pretty bad, but gameplay wise it feels a bit better than bungie's last halo game. Mediocre, but not the worst.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Well then excuse me while I run every red light on my way to my local Electronics Boutique/Gamestop to buy this gem for my home video game console of choice!

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Macksy posted:

Well then excuse me while I run every red light on my way to my local Electronics Boutique/Gamestop to buy this gem for my home video game console of choice!

Unfortunately it isn't on the Wii U, which should be your home video game console of choice.

Dec 26, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Unfortunately it isn't on the Wii U, which should be your home video game console of choice.

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

The only unique gun outside of the standard FPS arsenal is a chargeable pulse gun that has a tiny range and has limited ammo, so no. And your powers (which all seem to be AoE attacks save for the golden revolver the hunter gets) take forever to recharge.

that is pretty goddamn lame, then

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

that's probably my biggest complaint. they really played it safe with all the guns types, which are basically just normal fps analogs.

otherwise, i think the shooting is satisfying and the loot is cool.

Dec 26, 2012

give it a year or two

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Crossgen games need to die

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

01011001 posted:

give it a year or two

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a cross-gen game being released in Holiday 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

yeah so "or two"

• Locked thread