Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010
With an episode devoted to Iron Chef, how could I pass up Futurama?

Popplers

Popplers are described as fried shrimp or fried prawns and yet they are clearly much tastier and more addictive. I decided to spice them up with some cajun seasoning and serve them with cocktail sauce as befits a dish served at fishy joes

Poppler Ingredients:
Peanut Oil
Fresh Srimp
Panko
Eggs
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Paprika
Cayenne Pepper
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Dry Thyme
Dry Oregano
Cocktail Sauce Ingredients:
1/4 cup Ketchup
1 tbs. Horseradish
.5 tbs. Siracha
.5 tbs. Lemon Juice

Combine the dry herbs and spices in a bowl then toss with panko bread crumbs. Spice to taste.

Bring a couple of inches of peanut oil to temperature in a cast iron dutch oven. A spritz of water tossed in should sizzle not simmer. Clean, shell, and devein the shrimp.

Beat 2 eggs.

Dip the shrimp in eggs then toss in panko/spice mixture. Fry in oil until golden brown.

Mix up the coctail sauce.

Pop a poppler in your mouth.

Purple Neptunian Slug

While the most prominent finished entree with Neptunian slug is none too appetizing, it's clearly a very popular ingredient in the year 3000. I decided to use red wine braised squid as the closest thing I could imagine to a giant slug. I used an old french recipe braising squid with leeks and topped with croutons. Looks like braised slug to me.

Ingredients:
1 tbs. Flour
1 lbs. Squid
2 Leeks
1 tbs. Olive oil
Fresh Thyme
2 Bay Leaves
Fresh Basil
6 cloves Garlic, peeled and sliced thin
Cayenne pepper to taste
1.5 cups Red Wine (Jug of Burgundy in this case, so that you have plenty to drink.)
Stale Bread
Salt and Pepper

Trim the Ends off the Leeks. Cut down the center. Rinse out the grit. Slice across the grain into quarters.

Start about a tablespoon of olive oil in a small stock pot. Add the leeks and give it a blast from your spice weasel (a pepper mill will have to suffice).

Clean and trim the squid. Slice into 1/2 inch sections.

Remove the leeks and simmer the squid until most of the water has evaporated.

Add some flour and Cayenne pepper and give it a quick stir.

Return the leeks along with, thyme, bay, garlic, and wine to cover. Stir and simmer for about an hour and a half.

Slice up some stale bread, brush with butter, and toast in a 375F oven.

Spoon the stew into bowls and dust with croutons and chopped basil.

Helmut Spargle's Souffle

Helmut Spargle can make a pie from his own boots that inspires a hobo to flight. I decided not to make a dessert out of boots. Instead I made a souffle from his heyday. The souffle is reddish brown and of gigantic proportions. When I see deep reddish brown, I think red velvet. I adapted a chocolate souffle recipe to use the old fashioned red velvet reaction, with alkaline chocolate powder and vinegar.

Ingredients:
5 egg whites
butter
7.5 tbs. alkaline cocoa powder, not the typical stuff
10 tbs. flour
5 tbs. sugar
.25 cups milk
2 tbs. vanilla extract
6 tbs. vinegar
3 ounces butter
3 ounces cream cheese
.25 cup more milk
.25 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 400F Separate 5 egg whites. You can always use the left over yolks for some home made mayonaise.

Coat a 60 ounce ramekin with butter.

Combine dry ingredients.

Bring .25 cup milk to a boil. Whisk in the dry ingredients.

Move the mixture to a cool bowl and let sit for atleast 4 minutes. Whisk the egg whites on high in a stand mixer until the form stiff peaks. Add vinegar and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture. Carefully fold egg whites into chocolate mixture, ensuring no air is lost.

Bake in overn for about 30 minutes, until a chop stick inserted comes out clean (toothpicks are way too small).

Comine cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and butter to make sauce.

Serve souffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Not even one bam? You drizzler.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Where's the Slurm?

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010