Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

fronz posted:

My sources reveal that Advance Wars 3DS will be release in 2015.

but what does he say about ridley in smash bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Seshoho Cian posted:

but what does he say about ridley in smash bros

too big for the 3ds's screen

only the wii u has the brains to handle the ridley

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'm really bad at these games because numbers don't go up

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

it's only been *checks* wow, 6 years. drat, yeah, it's been a long time since we had an advance wars game.

it was called advance wars because it was the gameboy advance.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lesbian baphomet posted:

it was called advance wars because it was the gameboy advance.

Then why were the DS games called Advance Wars, smart guy.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Then why were the DS games called Advance Wars, smart guy.

Dual Strike

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
days of ruin obviously fell flat because it had no naming schema

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Minrad posted:

too big for the 3ds's screen

only the wii u has the brains to handle the ridley

bring back the nes design where he's the same height as samus

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I liked that Days of Ruin introduced units other than the newest biggest gently caress off tank

A 3DS advance wars is long overdue

Oxyclean posted:

Apparently it wasn't bad from a gameplay wise (and possibly storywise too) but I liked the HAPPY FUN WAR more then edgy/gritty post-apocalypse crap that's already super overdone.

the story is kind of goofy in DoR, I like the whole post-apocalypse with everyone being dicks to the naive good guys and insane military dictators seizing power but the cartoonish mad scientist and his cloned anime girl family was a bit much

Fellis fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 12, 2014

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
So there's this Advance Wars thread going on in Games which desires more games of AWBW.

I heard it's pretty darn good.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Fellis posted:

I liked that Days of Ruin introduced units other than the newest biggest gently caress off tank

A 3DS advance wars is long overdue

the story is kind of goofy in DoR, I like the whole post-apocalypse with everyone being dicks to the naive good guys and insane military dictators seizing power but the cartoonish mad scientist and his cloned anime girl family was a bit much

it also de-introduced the mega tank, which was the most retarded unit imaginable

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

fronz posted:

it also de-introduced the mega tank, which was the most retarded unit imaginable

The intro of the anti-tank owned.

Also the Aircraft carrier jets were OP as gently caress in combat but well balanced due to fuel.

The only reason DoR isn't my favourite is because there was no Olaf. Soviet Santa, best general.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

fronz posted:

I like to imagine that someone on the design team didn't understand the concept of "medium" tanks.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
The more you guys talk about it the more I remember how good Days of Ruin was. My opinion on Dual Strike must really have been coloured by the nostalgia of old characters returning. That and I was like, 14.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

fronz posted:

agreed

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Mach2 posted:

The more you guys talk about it the more I remember how good Days of Ruin was. My opinion on Dual Strike must really have been coloured by the nostalgia of old characters returning. That and I was like, 14.

dual strike is really stupid. the only positive change it made was a few of the new co's had cool gimmicks.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I used the Dual Strike that Eagle and Sami have when playing a game against my brother and he didn't want to play against me after that.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

dual strike is really stupid. the only positive change it made was a few of the new co's had cool gimmicks.

the new modes were cool, the awards thing was neat, some of the new co gimmicks were cool. the new units sucked but oh well, don't use them? the only really significant problem it had (and it was significant for sure) was the dual co power. if it had everything else but had been founded on AW2's game mode it would have been a way way better game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

there are a lot of subtle mechanics changes in dual strike that make the game way dumber.

although now that I think about it, cruisers being able to attack all boats instead of just subs makes naval combat aprox 100% less retarded, so that's cool.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

darealkooky posted:

Black boats. Aircraft carriers. Piperunners.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

ok i'm being a little unfair to the new units, but it's a fact that they're either OP or useless with no inbetween

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

darealkooky posted:

ok i'm being a little unfair to the new units, but it's a fact that they're either OP or useless with no inbetween

I'm not sure. Aircraft carriers allowed for greater defenses against air strikes for naval units, while the black boats provided more overall defense for naval units, which they were in desperate need of due to their pricing.

Piperunners, as situational as they were, did grant a level of mobility and defense along a particular area, allowing for defenses to be built upon a greater scale which didn't require chokepointing (I know that's not a word) the opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

carriers are waaaaaaaay to expensive to be a worthwhile counter to bombers, black boats are op and make naval v naval combat an even bigger slog then it already was, and piperunners are either OP or worthless depending on if you're playing on a gimmicky map with pipes set up in the right way

• Locked thread