Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Problem description: Chrome has numerous display issues across multiple devices, multiple google accounts.
Screenshot of the most common issue:

Basically when something is changed on the screen, the display doesn't clear and refresh properly until I scroll off the page or select or otherwise "alter" the displayed area. There's a few other quirks but they all seem to stem from the image not refreshing properly.

Attempted fixes: I've tried multiple devices, and multiple Google accounts. I've tried reinstalling Chrome on both Windows machines.

Recent changes: The issue started up a few weeks ago out of the blue, and as far as I know, I didn't change anything.

--

Operating system: Observed on two Windows 7 PCs and two different brand Chromebooks.

System specs: Primary Windows PC: Phenom II x4, AMD HD6870, 8GB Ram, 7200pm HDD. Unknown specs on the second PC, a Core 2 with integrated graphics I think. Samsung and Acer Chromebooks.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Update your video drivers. Chrome was updated to take advantage of additional GPU acceleration. I don't see how this would affect the Chromebooks, but it should fix the PC devices.

• Locked thread