Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looke

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a ritard

by XyloJW

Michael Jackson posted:

I reloaded and clamped right through the skin and muscle. Nice mark lol.

Freakbox posted:

Okay, seriously, take a break for today, and maybe tomorrow. The fates are not on your side right now. Put some ice on that poo poo pronto. That's gonna swell. :ohdear:

Just...how did you even DO that? How?! How old are you? You're like a clumsy little duckie. :kimchi:

seriously.

if you're injuring yourself, put the gun down for at least a week and think about what happened. you are on firearm probation.

Big Mackson

Freakbox posted:

Okay, seriously, take a break for today, and maybe tomorrow. The fates are not on your side right now. Put some ice on that poo poo pronto. That's gonna swell. :ohdear:

I am going to Honningsvåg next week so ill wait untill then. I have my pellet gun there so i can finally install the red dot sight i ordered. I was finally hitting the pole that the target was on when it happened. :negative:

edit: 24 years old, rofl.

Big Mackson fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 4, 2014

a ritard

by XyloJW

Michael Jackson posted:

I am going to Honningsvåg next week so ill wait untill then. I have my pellet gun there so i can finally install the red dot sight i ordered. I was finally hitting the pole that the target was on when it happened. :negative:

you got excited that you hit the target. firearms you want to keep cool - when they heat up they fail.

stay cool when you're shooting, and seriously take a break.

Looke

op is planning going on a shooting spree?

Freakbox

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
This is gonna sound mother-henny of me, but in a few hours if you have trouble bending your thumb and index finger inward, can't tap your thumb and index together, or there's very dark bruising that spreads a wide distance, please see a doctor. Hands are very delicate critters.

:catstare: There are muscles, nerves, etc there that control fine movements- you wanna get it looked at if they're damaged.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 4, 2014

Big Mackson
reloading like a noob

^^^^
i will, i experienced that once when i cut through the skin and almost a tendon on my ancle when i was playing with a folding knife. Took almost a year before i gained feeling in that area and normal control.

Looke

lmao op is crazy

Freakbox

.....are you sure you should be handling weapons without gloves on, hun? :ohdear:

I have a tactile sensory processing disorder and have never cut myself with my knives badly enough to damage my hands.

a ritard

by XyloJW

Freakbox posted:

This is gonna sound mother-henny of me, but in a few hours if you have trouble bending your thumb and index finger inward, can't tap your thumb and index together, or there's very dark bruising that spreads a wide distance, please see a doctor. Hands are very delicate critters.

:catstare: There are muscles, nerves, etc there that control fine movements- you wanna get it looked at if they're damaged.

yes. do take care of your hands

Looke posted:

op is planning going on a shooting spree?

we hope not.

Big Mackson

Freakbox posted:

.....are you sure you should be handling weapons without gloves on, hun? :ohdear:

I was watching tv and absentmindedly flicking the blade out with my wrist. I then sat with my legs crossed and forgot that i had a foot there later on. It hit with the dull edge so i was lucky.

edit: i was a teenager then and wanted to learn to quickly flip the blade out like a badass. Instead i got to walk like a pussy for half a year.

Freakbox

Okay, I see your problem. You're grounded from weapons-ing when you're distracted. Just put that poo poo away when you're doing not-weapons. You're like those people that text and walk into walls. You've lost your "cleaning under my nails with my switchblade while watching cartoons" privileges.

As a comfort: I did once staplegun my own hand, so I can't tease you too much. I was working in a frame shop and a customer loudly rang a bell and yelped at me. I stapled right into my palm and the yelling scared her off. :gonk:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 4, 2014

Big Mackson

Freakbox posted:

Okay, I see your problem. You're grounded from weapons-ing when you're distracted. Just put that poo poo away when you're doing not-weapons. You're like those people that text and walk into walls.

Thats it. i was so thinking so much on what to adjust on my scope and was reloading without thinking. I have the motor control of an asperger.

Freakbox

Michael Jackson posted:

Thats it. i was so thinking so much on what to adjust on my scope and was reloading without thinking. I have the motor control of an asperger.

:ironicat: I have a tactile sensory processing disorder. For most of my early life the entire world wobbled like I was loving tipsy. I feel you. Imagine learning to shoot when it feels like you're gently wobbling back and forth all the time.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 4, 2014

a ritard

by XyloJW

Michael Jackson posted:

train, man, train. especially when you're starting you should be slow. no action should be taken without deliberate thought. hell, before you do anything with a firearm you should think about your actions.

you're lucky you did not shoot yourself in the foot or worse.

telling yourself that you have "the motor control of an asperger" is only going to fill your head with doubt... you are just fine, but you got a little foolish which is a totally normal beginner's mistake. seriously take a break and think about it.

Big Mackson
too be fair i do have asperger.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

please stop playing with dangerous poo poo

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

we have enough trouble here with people wanting to kill themselves, someone accidentally doing it isnt very byob

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i solved the "kill youre self" problem: its "kill; you are self" like الانتحار in (bolding is mine) :

"Al-Baqarah Chapter 2 : Verse 103" posted:

And they pursue the course which the rebellious men followed during the reign of Solomon. And Solomon did not disbelieve; but it was the rebellious ones who disbelieved, teaching people falsehood and deception. And they pursue what was revealed to the two angels in Babylon, Harut and Marut. But these two taught no one until they had said: ‘We are but a trial, do not therefore disbelieve.’ So men learnt from them that by which they made a difference between a man and his wife, but they harmed no one thereby, except by the command of Allah; on the contrary, these people are learning that which would harm them and do them no good. And they have certainly known that he who trafficks therein has no share of good in the Hereafter; and surely, evil is that for which they have sold their souls; had they but known!

ron color
my new dog. He is wise in such matters

op keep busting out the .117 on the weekends and you'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain No-mates

Captain No-mates posted:

i dont need help im fine

• Locked thread