Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.48
May 1, 2007
I recently checked out an emulator for Android called Exagear Strategies thats designed to run PC turn-based strategy games. Out of the 3 officially supported titles (Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Disciples 2 and Civilization 3) I was most interested in Heroes 3 which seems to run really well on my Nexus 7 (2013). The idea is that you can run the emulator for free for a couple of days to check it out, at which point the app asks you to pay about 5 bucks for at least one of the two available control schemes (unlocking it permanently). The control scheme for Heroes also works for Disciples, but for Civ 3 they recommend the second control scheme.

Heroes 3 running on Nexus 7-2013 with Exagear:

Pros
-Easy to set up
-Runs really smoothly, no slowdowns
-Comfortable touch controls
-Motherfucking Heroes 3 on my tablet

Cons
-Crashes every once in a while so saving after major battles is a good idea
-Keyboard implementation for naming your saves is kind of awkward
-Resolution options are a bit limited (although to be fair that was also the case with the PC version of the game)

Overall I consider it $5 very well spent, and I've been clocking many hours on it during breaks and on the bus.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eltechs.es&hl=en

In the near future I play to see if it will also run all the numerous mods for Heroes 3 like WoG.

I havent checked out the other two games, and other users are reporting success with running other non-officially supported stuff like Starcraft. Has anyone else here tried any of that and would care to comment?

Within my admittedly sparse knowledge of emulators, Exagear seems pretty good but if you know of any others please feel free to post about them here! because I dont spend enough time on the shitter.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread