Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

quote:

I'm seeing day by day most companies forgetting to leave a seat at the table for the hardcore. Yeah they cater to casuals and wind up failing, why? Because making a game is like creating a beautiful feast and then inviting some super models who don't eat any of it and leave. The hardcore though we'll finish it, we'll eat every bite and be grateful and it enrages me when the casuals don't even bother touching any of the content because it's too hard or too difficult. I mean they're not appreciative of your guys work at Blizzard at all. I've finished the entirety of Pandaria and I've been playing since TBC. I've gone to Blizzcon multuiple times(and I request our officers do so and any up and coming raiders as well if they want improved loot priority). I mean this is why WoW is losing subscriptions day to day because I know the hardcore players don't feel appreciated anymore now that the game is alot less of a timesink and that anyone can just get 24/24 heroic boss fights if all they do is just wait in line. People have been moving onto other MMOs like Wildstar because they atleast figured out that the hardcore players matter, that the hardcore are the core of the game and need to be treated with a higher priority than players who just log in for a few short hours a day and maybe just check the auction house and wind up spending gold on useless things instead of much needed raid trinkets and items. The other thing that comes up that as a raid leader and with the incoming end gaming being 20 man raids, I'm having a hard time sifting through raider applications and that still after 10 years there is no process to streamline this through. I had to ask my wife multiple times this week to write up my guild's raiding application, the game should be doing this for me. I mean I'm still finding I'm having to kick people from raids because they die to a raid boss. I mean after 10 years you should not be dying to a raid boss at all ever! Not only that but people still can't be on time for raids and they're dicking around on Mypsace or reddit. I'd really like the Guild Leader's UI to pinpoint where people are on the internet at all times. Make deals with facebook so private accounts can be viewed by Us and that we can't be blocked and the other social media networks. Also make a loving character history tracker because I found a guy who we kicked from our guild 3 weeks ago who did who didn't make the raid cut and had the nerve to join another raiding guild on a different server, and I had to warn them about his counter-intuitive playstyle. That was 3 hours of my time I wasted trying to track him down and asking people around. And for the love of garrosh Please please please bring back raid attunements. They are the one thing that keeps the bad players away from us. Raid leaders should not have to act as a judge jury and executioner. Again games like Wildstar have the right idea to cut the wheat from the calf. Ensuring a pure and growing community and that skill is valued above all else. Bring the player not the class is what I have always believed. I mean we the hardcore love you guys and want to see WoW grow with the upcoming expansion, but you need to recapture the hardcore player community.I will bring these issues up again with you Blues when I attend Blizzcon 2014 in a few weeks.

See you there,

Wojtek

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610831

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
the truly hardcore make room at the table, t'reap

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
taint reaper i have given you a lot of crap

but please link me a source and let this be real because i will laugh myself to the grave

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Wojtek is really cool and I'm glad he killed his dogs or w/e.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

cut the wheat from the calf

we the hardcore

seriously link the post i have to share it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr. Pumroy posted:

cut the wheat from the calf

Well when your alcoholic father beats you wind up not hearing things correctly probably.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well when your alcoholic father beats you wind up not hearing things correctly probably.

link the source post

i'm half-erect

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

didnt read

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

sword_man.gif posted:

link the source post

i'm half-erect

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character//Wojtek/

some things you never live down

some things you have to go digging for

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

it's extremely cool that wojtek is a real person, who is married and has kids.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
taint reaped again

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

some things you have to go digging for

eat poo poo die mudderfukker

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

sword_man.gif posted:

taint reaped again

He had a meltdown of some sort that I'm certain. All I have is quotes from offsites and retrieved stuff from deleted pages.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
source the op quote, taint reaper

Koke
Sep 22, 2014

live footage of taint reaper making an epic thread[bread lmao]! amazingh when u see a master at work :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0soBJ-alE

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

He had a meltdown of some sort that I'm certain. All I have is quotes from offsites and retrieved stuff from deleted pages.

woj melts down whenever anyone tells him that he's not god's gift to world of warcraft

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

sword_man.gif posted:

woj melts down whenever anyone tells him that he's not god's gift to world of warcraft

Yeah but this was different, the doxx all went down in irc chatrooms of the SITES WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED.

That and he rebought his account here, so I don't want to tread onto helldumping territory and would rather just stick to the delirious quotes.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 25, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

can i make fun of this post instead

quote:

Oh you loving piece of poo poo Wojtek how dare you. Come in here whining for sympathy why don't you tell people the real reason you don't have any time?

For anyone who feels sorry for this rear end in a top hat he plays WoW a good 7-10 hours a day everyday. When his first kid was born, like literally crowning out of his wife's vagina, he had his laptop in the hospital and started bitching about the latency and got kicked from the raid because the raid leader couldn't believe he was missing his kid's birth. Not a single word of that is an exaggeration.

He used to play mainly with Goon Squad but he just server transferred because we weren't serious enough. How often do you actually raid a night now Woj, four hours I think you said?

gently caress you. Those poor poor dogs. You are a terrible person and you should feel bad. And you should feel bad for neglecting your kids too but I'm sure you don't.

I worked for an animal shelter for 10 years and people like you make me sick to my stomach.

I hope every time you find a toy they left behind or a stray dog hair you remember you had two animals that loved you unconditionally and you were their world. And you gave that up for purple pixels in a video game. And I hope you understand that it is incredibly traumatic for dogs to be rehomed no matter how great the rescue is and all they know now is they are sad and afraid and they want you to come get them.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

can i make fun of this post instead

quote:

For anyone who feels sorry for this rear end in a top hat he plays WoW a good 7-10 hours a day everyday. When his first kid was born, like literally crowning out of his wife's vagina, he had his laptop in the hospital and started bitching about the latency and got kicked from the raid because the raid leader couldn't believe he was missing his kid's birth. Not a single word of that is an exaggeration.

this is only kind of true, but he was trying to play wow while his wife was in the hospital giving birth. dunno bout the raid thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

someone said the raid thing wasn't true, that instead of raiding he was just logged into wow and complaining about how boring it was waiting for his child to be born or something equally pathetic. then a bunch of goons accused that guy of defending wojtek, because goons are not smart.

• Locked thread