Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The music is really annoying in this motion picture. I always turn it off after old mate shoots the fat German having a shower. I just can't enjoy this film.

But it has Stukas and a nice bottom. 2/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

toggle posted:

The music is really annoying in this motion picture. I always turn it off after old mate shoots the fat German having a shower. I just can't enjoy this film.

But it has Stukas and a nice bottom. 2/10

I like the song but it does get annoying in the movie.

One of the few films I picked out to watch with my dad. The loving scene was awkward. Better than when I suggested The Sweet Hereafter though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TrixRabbi posted:

Is Rules of Engagement at all like Terms of Endearment?

No.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
It wasn't as bad as Passchendaele so that's something.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It was better than Pearl Harbor.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Definitely better than Windtalkers.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

Definitely better than Windtalkers.

Windtalkers is rad.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I saw it in the theater but don't remember much beyond Bob Hoskins doing a pretty good Khrushchev. It wasn't really offensively bad or anything I guess, otherwise I'd remember it a lot more vividly.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I think windtalkers had the same Japanese man being shot a hundred times in slow motion.

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011
woa you're telling me there's a ralph AND a joseph fiennes? i thought they were the same person! thanks op

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HATEPOSTING posted:

woa you're telling me there's a ralph AND a joseph fiennes? i thought they were the same person! thanks op

That's nothing, check this out:

-Ralph is pronounced "rafe"
-Fiennes is pronounced "fines"
-Joseph is pronounced "yusuf"

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
Sniper is the best sniper movie.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Rules of Attraction was better.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

origami posted:

I think windtalkers had the same Japanese man being shot a hundred times in slow motion.

The old "death by editing" play.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

-Joseph is pronounced "yusuf"

No it's not

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I thought the shelter sex was pretty hot but my hormones ran hotter back in those days.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
The film was ok but the discomfort from Americans about how the goodies had a British accent and the baddies had American accents was great. So many strained attempts to dismiss it as historically inaccurate or thematically bad.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
My favorite part was where Jude Law shot Ed Harris in the face as he was about to say something.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

No it's not

uh, I think I know how to pronounce Joseph Fiennes, dude. Have you even seen Enemy at the Gates?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

uh, I think I know how to pronounce Joseph Fiennes, dude. Have you even seen Enemy at the Gates?

Hmm, yeah... get back to me after you've watched The Merchant of Venice.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Wade Wilson posted:

My favorite part was where Jude Law shot Ed Harris in the face as he was about to say something.

that bloodspray fukken owned

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giom5_byviI&feature=player_detailpage#t=102

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Oct 4, 2014

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I think either Joseph Fiennes or Angus McFayden is my least favorite actor ever.

Add Aidan Quinn to that list and you got a trifecta of poo poo, friend.

I made a facebook post about this film months ago saying it was poo poo and got attacked by friends. I rewatched it to see if my memory was fuzzy and nope, it's still a cheeseball flick. Ed Harris is a bitchin villian though. Oh and Windtalker has some really good shots and practical action. It's not a good movie either, in the end.

CV 64 Fan fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 4, 2014

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^Windtalkers could have been great if they got rid of all the "look how racist things were", Cage's wounds still gently caress with him, let's watch him dump on some bitch again, aww, everyone's friends in the end. Kind of where Gettysburg and Gods and Generals hosed up. People wanted to see action and some drama, etc. Instead either movie focuses on long drug out drama with little payoff and trying to cram every anecdote about the times into a single movie and ended up just boring people to death.
Well, Reynolds gets shot and killed, no one knows why that's important, the movie never touches on it. But we know the mindset of the English take on everything thanks to long winded dialogue.

LogisticEarth posted:

My story is that my teacher in my senior year history class showed the movie as a good historical example of WWII. I am 100% serious and not kidding.

It is if you ignore actual history.
I mean the movie is basically Germans hate Russians, Russians hate Germans, this guy named Vasily was a sniper and shot people. That's all they based the movie on

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 4, 2014

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
This movie blows read the book War of the Rats

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
That book blows listen to Klapp Klapp.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's a really good movie. Did I post in this thread before?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i, still think that it is a good movie

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
I thought it was a good movie but watched it again recently and it is not a good movie

what the gently caress is with all the accents?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Anybody seen that recent Stalingrad movie that looks like a video game?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

no but Stalingrad '93 is loving great. better, than Enemy at the Gates

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Madkal posted:

It wasn't as bad as Passchendaele so that's something.

How could you not love Paul Gross saying, "in this picture there is a man on a horse", like 50 loving times and them painting himself as Jesus.

Stalingrad makes Stalingrad look like Windtalkers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It was a pretty fun movie, but the book had some great sections on cannibalism, so they should've tossed some of that in.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I don't remember, did Rachel Weiss die in this?

Also first COD game ripped off the opening battle of Enemy at the Gates, but with better music.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's dreadful.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Blistex posted:

How could you not love Paul Gross saying, "in this picture there is a man on a horse", like 50 loving times and them painting himself as Jesus.

Stalingrad makes Stalingrad look like Windtalkers.

I thought he made his brother Jesus, what with getting blow up into a cross or some such bullshit. That movie was about as subtle as World War II.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

DookieSandwich posted:

Sniper is the best sniper movie.

For about another three weeks, I'm guessing.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Da3EgZUA0Y

This is Blue and Orange:The Movie

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Randarkman posted:

I don't remember, did Rachel Weiss die in this?

The jealous propaganda guy thought she had, but she was just knocked out by a mortar shockwave or something. I think there was a scene at the end of her in a hospital or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
She caught some shrapnel in the belly, thus ending the chance for a kid from their love makin' and she's found at the end when the Germans surrender in the hospital by a totally healthy Vasili (yeah, don't crack a history book if you like the romance of the film)

• Locked thread