Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Viggen posted:

ZE GERMANZ MUZZT STEP ON TIMEE!

He's gonna get given the Miata treatment first.

If there is anything left, the B/G/A body guys will defile whatever still remains.

I reaaaaally don't wanna get a Miata.

Mostly because although I know that they are neat and zippy little cars, I still need a measure of practicality and an AE86 or an RX7 at least has a back-seat/trunk to put stuff in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Mostly because although I know that they are neat and zippy little cars, I still need a measure of practicality and an AE86 or an RX7 at least has a back-seat/trunk to put stuff in.

8ender fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 5, 2014

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
You have a great opportunity to get a real classic that is only going to appreciate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4UQ8OsF2dM&t=432s

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

TWSS posted:

You have a great opportunity to get a real classic that is only going to appreciate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4UQ8OsF2dM&t=432s

That's a very good point, and plus, it's not really a classic car that I want to sit in a garage.

I wanna go do some Autocross stuff with it, although I really don't want to push it too hard. Just enough to have some fun, which shouldn't be hard.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Practicality:

Miatas have decent sized boots. The NA has the spare taking up space, but the NB has the spare in a recess and NC has sealant instead of either.

This thread is rapidly moving into 'recommend me a car' and will only end in tears

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Edmund Honda posted:

This thread is rapidly moving into 'recommend me a car' and will only end in tears

Yep, suggest the OP goes to that thread in A/T as the AI rule thread mentions.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3213538

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

OP have you considered the new F150? You can autocross it on the way back from Home Depot.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

leica posted:

OP have you considered the new F150? You can autocross it on the way back from Home Depot.

There are few things in life I hate more than driving pickup trucks.e

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Then what about a V8 swapped Volvo wagon? All the utility and twice the performance.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 249 days!)

leica posted:

Then what about a V8 swapped Volvo wagon? All the utility and twice the performance.

..with twice the metal, and half the leaks! Its a win-win scenario.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!

What's the deal with exposed timing belts in japanese cars, anyway? Seems like you're just begging for trouble to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 249 days!)

Propaganda Bob posted:

What's the deal with exposed timing belts in japanese cars, anyway? Seems like you're just begging for trouble to me.

They're always at least a tooth off, so might as well make it easier to access..

• Locked thread