Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Pac man seems good on here or is it just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Pac Man is a good father, and a reliable friend.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Xenomrph posted:

Oh hey, I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks!
Whelp, turns out this only works in Smash mode and not Classic, though. Was going to mention another thing but that apparently would have been a false piece of advice too.

Man, just started Smash 3DS after having played only U for two months. It's actually not as big of a step back as some people had made it seem. Doing smash attacks without the C-stick though, lol

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

If you're playing by yourself, you also always just pause to refocus.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Chieves posted:

If you're playing by yourself, you also always just pause to refocus.
That's a good point, it might help me gradually learn the mechanics until I'm better at tracking my character.

I've always had that issue in all the Smash games, and it only got worse if I picked the same character as someone else.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
There's also the more obvious choice of picking some really loud color scheme like Captain Falcon's white/pink outfit.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I have found that the game is a lot better if you just play the omega stages and keep it 1v1 with no items. Very nice.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I've been stumped by "Collect 3 unique custom outfits" on the Challenge board. I appear to have gotten 1, but I don't remember how I got it. What mode is most effective for collecting these? And are they more likely to drop if I use a Mii Fighter?

I'd use a hammer but I don't have any left. :(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Go through Smash Run and pick up nothing but the custom parts bag; this will not only give you new moves but also Mii hats and outfits. Remember you can only carry 10'or 12 things out with you, so don't get the stacks of coins.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

jivjov posted:

Go through Smash Run and pick up nothing but the custom parts bag; this will not only give you new moves but also Mii hats and outfits. Remember you can only carry 10'or 12 things out with you, so don't get the stacks of coins.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had actually been wondering if items were being pushed out of my rewards queue by picking up too many (since I could see I had more items than what showed up in the final results screen... wasn't sure if I was being penalized for something).

I'll stick to custom part rewards in Smash Run then. Those are the bags with the wrench icon, right?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

African AIDS cum posted:

I have found that the game is a lot better if you just play the omega stages and keep it 1v1 with no items. Very nice.

Also, if you're struggling, really only use Fox in addition to these tips.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Minidust posted:

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had actually been wondering if items were being pushed out of my rewards queue by picking up too many (since I could see I had more items than what showed up in the final results screen... wasn't sure if I was being penalized for something).

I'll stick to custom part rewards in Smash Run then. Those are the bags with the wrench icon, right?

Correct. The ones with the rainbow square icon are Smash Run powers, which you'll need for a different challenge, but if you want custom parts, wrench bags are the way to go.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
You're sure about only being able to carry so many rewards? I feel like I've generally kept everything I pick up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wild Knight posted:

You're sure about only being able to carry so many rewards? I feel like I've generally kept everything I pick up.

Yep, only the ones left on screen when you finish are kept.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

jivjov posted:

Yep, only the ones left on screen when you finish are kept.
So this morning I played a round of Smash Run with this in mind. Got two Mii outfits on the first try. :aaa:

Thanks for the tips. :cheers: Hello, second challenge board!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
683 trophies... 683 trophies...

And 47 or so hats!

How long until the next new trophy or hat now...

At least I'm getting mighty good at Trophy Rush using Miis which is cool as I even beat the old record I had as Wario, which was my go-to character for Trophy Rush.

The fact that flicking up on the C-Stick executes an up smash attack (for the Brawler) probably helps.

Also, got the next batch of amiibos. I'm very surprised that Robin's amiibo doesn't look at all like the official image. He resembles more his official game trophy, which is good. No need for Rabin.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Folt The Bolt posted:

Also, got the next batch of amiibos. I'm very surprised that Robin's amiibo doesn't look at all like the official image. He resembles more his official game trophy, which is good. No need for Rabin.

Incredibly jealous. Wave 4 has been a clusterfuck for me, and I had to resort to PlayAsia for one and an ebay seller for another :(

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Whelp! Turns out I only needed one more hat (the Frog Hat) to reach completion... which gave me the last two trophies I needed to complete my 3DS trophy collection. Excellent! I just need to complete the Group Modes now to have real 100% completion!

EDIT: I was rather lucky I got to keep the hat since I died against Master Hand and could potentially have lost it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does playing online count towards the challenges that are particular to "Smash" mode? For the "10 collective hours" one I'd rather play against humans.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Also, got the next batch of amiibos. I'm very surprised that Robin's amiibo doesn't look at all like the official image.

Yeah they totally got her hair all wrong.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Does anybody have any suggestions for unlocking Mewtwo's custom special moves? Are there any that have special requirements?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

he has none

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Cake Attack posted:

he has none

:catstare:

What the gently caress do you mean "he has none"?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i thought i was quite clear?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Minidust posted:

Does playing online count towards the challenges that are particular to "Smash" mode? For the "10 collective hours" one I'd rather play against humans.

Yeah it does, although that thing where it takes less time depending on the number of players (i.e. only requiring 5 hours with 2 players, 2.5 with 4 etc.) doesn't apply. At least not with randoms, maybe it does With Friends, I dunno.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

the pose is completely off as well. very disappointed with this figure, i expect better quality from nintendo

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Reiley posted:

sharrrk posted:

the pose is completely off as well.

And I totally love him. It's everything I wanted his amiibo to be, and it might be my favorite character amiibo as well since it's a character I like and he doesn't need to be supported by anything other than his pose. No see-through stands, just Robin in his pose.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

:catstare:

What the gently caress do you mean "he has none"?

Mewtwo doesn't have any custom moves at all. Just the default ones. There was some evidence that he was originally planned to have a full set, but they were dummied out for some reason, and the Wii U version interface even explicitly says "there are no custom moves"

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
so I got the new 3ds... and holy crap does it make the game easier, it borders on being unfair

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

de_dust posted:

so I got the new 3ds... and holy crap does it make the game easier, it borders on being unfair

Like what? I prefer doing smashes manually vs the c stick but haven't kept up on things enough to know about all the other possible differences.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Stop playing a few months ago after I burnt out unlocking every custom move, came back for Mewtwo.

Does Trophy Rush have some sort of mechanic where it gives you a chance at unobtainable trophies that other modes don't? I just finished getting every trophy except the challenge ones, and I only had one or two runs of it where I didn't get a new trophy.

All I need now is to get four Mii hats and the challenge trophies that you get from that, and I'm having a hell of a time :sigh:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Hey, heres a code for Mewtwo that club nintendo sent me. I'm from the UK, no idea if it makes a difference to who can redeem it. I'm not checking back on this thread, just don't want the code to be wasted.

Your Mewtwo (Nintendo 3DS) download code is A07W8FN80MTLU3HR

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I used your code, cheers mate!

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

1959 - 2015

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
That's just like, your opinion man.
is there a Goon IRC channel for Smash bros 3DS?

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Has anybody done the unthinkable and gotten a gamecube controller to actually reliably work with their 3DS to play Smash? I'm one those uhhhh.... non Wii U owners.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I didn't even know such a thing was possible, but then again I haven't played Smash 3DS since the Wii U version came out.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Everyone should come back and play Smash on the 3DS because it's still cool, exclusive stages are still cool, and yeah I have no clue about the Gamecube controller thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

play like every day on 3ds to practice bnb combos

• Locked thread