Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

swamp waste posted:

Super Metroid has almost no plot or lore which is cool to me. It doesn't feel like the context is missing or you are doing things arbitrarily like an 80s arcade game with no plot, it's just, the story is the experience of excavating this alien world. I like it

HELL YEAH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

the game is about a woman

no it isnt

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the game should be directed by samus herself, or at the very least someone on a forum who represents samus fully

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

elf help book posted:

the game should be directed by samus herself, or at the very least someone on a forum who represents samus fully

I'm sure she would have more sense about directing her own game than duke nukem did, but then I'm sure a room full of chimps with a typewriter would have more sense at directing a game than duke nukem did

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The new Monster Hunter allows the Felynes to dress up as megaman and have a Rush themed weapon. This means you can dress up as Samus and have your followers dress up as Megaman.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

The new Monster Hunter allows the Felynes to dress up as megaman and have a Rush themed weapon. This means you can dress up as Samus and have your followers dress up as Megaman.

But who gives a poo poo about Megaman you can make them Isabelle

Megaman sucks, Isabelle is great

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lemming posted:

Can't you have them both wear one of each like last time?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Lemming posted:

Mega man most definitely does not suck, i can't believe you would post such a monumentally stupid thing.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I would dress up a cat in a Megaman costume as a punishment, like the cone of shame but worse

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
So I kinda changed my mind about Metroid, i think it can still continue on from Fusion pretty well. Fusion had alot of good ideas, ithink the x being an intergalactic invasive species without the metroids to keep them in check is a cool concept, I would like to see more of them.

Also Fusion had some pretty good music.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ubwyhx_vkto

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
fusion does spooky music really well. this poo poo right here was bonechilling hearing it the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zUv8jdGvjM

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if youre gonna link metroid metal let me just link their best cover ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocZ7pNmnluU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Phendrana Drifts is probably the best area in a video game ever so I approve of great things related to it

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Nah this is the best metroid metal cover.
http://youtu.be/nh6UjsaEARs

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
^metroid 2 surface theme is extremely good, yes.

i wish more people would cover this theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE6mgczeQRo

it's so loving good but the synth seems like it'd be hard to replicate. i'm not a musician though so idk.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

AHungryRobot posted:

i wish more people would cover this theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE6mgczeQRo

it's so loving good but the synth seems like it'd be hard to replicate. i'm not a musician though so idk.

Yes

If I could turn sound into a drug I would mainline this until i died

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lemming posted:

Yes

If I could turn sound into a drug I would mainline this until i died

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I also like Torvus Bog a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUWtSrG6xKU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

hell yes. harmony of a hunter did a chiptune cover of it and it is really good imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6lIFF8ZMrI

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yes

people talk poo poo about this section of the game but it has really amazing music and imo it's very pretty

the underground sections are also really interesting

god MP2 is good. i mean it doesnt hold a candle to mp1 but i dont think i can name a game that can

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

fusion hosed up samus' awesome power suit design for some gaudy thing and I loving hate it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

AE-35 Unit posted:

fusion hosed up samus' awesome power suit design for some gaudy thing and I loving hate it

There will never be a sequel so you don't have to worry about it

Worry more about them using the Other M sleek version and not the sweet old bulky version

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Lemming posted:

There will never be a sequel so you don't have to worry about it

Worry more about them using the Other M sleek version and not the sweet old bulky version

super metroid carried over the design from metroid 2 which is the best design imo

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

the manual had sweet artwork in it

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Beef Waifu posted:

that doesn't mean it'll be well directed

OK come on obviously it's implied that this hypothetical woman director would also be qualified to design a game, let alone a metroid game,

I just think a woman would avoid a lot of the dumb poo poo from Other M

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

OK come on obviously it's implied that this hypothetical woman director would also be qualified to design a game, let alone a metroid game,

not having cutscenes and voice acting would too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chill Penguin posted:

women are people too and can make content just as awful as men can regardless of what gender the main character is

Dec 26, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

just limit the amount of narrated story in the game to like a step below metroid fusion and the rest will follow

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
just make a loving video game and don't worry about what samus is worrying about, worry about how the walls she's smashing through give you power ups or not

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
a lack of cockblocking computers/superiors and some sequence breaking would nice too

Dec 26, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

just make a loving video game and don't worry about what samus is worrying about, worry about how the walls she's smashing through give you power ups or not

exactly

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
pre-other m metroid has one of the best stories in video games if you really think about it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

AHungryRobot posted:

pre-other m metroid has one of the best stories in video games if you really think about it.

its good because i dont think about it

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

its good because i dont think about it

that's my point, my good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Metroid Prime in VR is pretty cool but I think it would make most people violently ill (not me because I have strong moral fiber)

• Locked thread