Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Like the new coup mechanics on vicky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

theyre gonna put out eu5 next year. i believe it.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Plutonis posted:

yeah that stuff is cool, I like the sound of agitators too. historical ones are neat but dynamic ones are most interesting given how wacky the world can end up

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Plutonis posted:

hopefully it can happen to ai major powers too so every game isnt the britain vs germany show

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

mbt posted:

hopefully it can happen to ai major powers too so every game isnt the britain vs germany show

i honestly just get the france vs britain show, so this already sounds better than what ive seen lol

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sube posted:

nothing really that makes it worthwhile compared to ck2 imo. i really want to get into stellaris again but i played it like 5 years ago and it's a totally new game now which confuses the hell out of me

i liked old stellaris but the new stuff is really good. its way more of a cross between 4x and other paradox games now rather than just 4x.

but also i like all of the stupid eu4 and hoi4 mechanics they keep adding so i might just be completely broken.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Stux posted:

i liked old stellaris but the new stuff is really good. its way more of a cross between 4x and other paradox games now rather than just 4x.

I’m interested to know what you mean by a cross between because I haven’t played a minute of Stellaris and always thought it was just a 4x game based on a friend talking it up some time back so I’m curious.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

u have to cb wars and make claims and theres trade routes now lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Stux posted:

Lol cool. Guess I’ll check it out then

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i love that trade routes go through gateways if you build them, so once your empire becomes advanced enough you effectively can eliminate piracy by putting gateways all over the place and in your home system - it sends the trade directly there. makes the trade route map look awesome as well.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Stux posted:

is this different from the last time we played

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it happened...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

is this different from the last time we played

yes -.-

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I’ve broken 3k hours on Civ 6 betwixt PC and switch. I’m sick

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
the problem with stellaris imho is that the mechanics are just unengaging and solvable, it was really the narrative content that kept me hooked the first few playthroughs

number go up game is now Victoria 3 so I'm not sure what itch it'll scratch anymore

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theyre fun actually. simple as that really

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 109 days!

Stux posted:

theyre fun actually. simple as that really

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
They're most fun when you're cooping it up and your player alliance's succession method is your leaders (who have naturally short lifespans, so this happens often) fighting to the death in an arena! :D

But yeah it's a very fun game, but the narrative element in your early playthroughs really does help make it shine

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

There's no byzantium in space so I don't care

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the gigastructures mod for stellaris is pretty fun if you're a maniac. turning an entire solar system into a gigantic weapon is ftw

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

mbt posted:

There's no byzantium in space so I don't care

This

----------------

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

right arm posted:

I’ve broken 3k hours on Civ 6 betwixt PC and switch. I’m sick

lmao play civ4 like a civilized goon (me)

e. fall from heaven 2 is still one of if not the best fantasy 4x on the market

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

new agitator system is good, makes laws a lot more consistent. i think that part of the game is too easy though.
they need more country specific flavor like france has. eu4 country-specific missions are fun

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I think the conflict mechanics in the Iberian peninsula they added in CK3 is cool but if that's all they ever do with it that would be a shame. I hope they do similar things in other regions/historical conflicts.

----------------

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

they announced the expected nordic dlc for hoi4, now i can sell guns to nations and just stay out of the war and concentrate on building railroads

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

that seems pretty cool, they should do the same for their other mapgames

----------------

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hit max cash as the Goldscale Kobolds in Anbennar without a coast lol. I have sailors because I borrowed my friend's provinces for a few of my missions

They have a cool mission tree which leads into a unique republic with 6 different factions and you get unique bonuses based on which faction is in power, but if the Command falls apart by itself by attacking the demon hills like it did in this run then its tricky to finish some of the later missions. Once you finish the whole tree you can spread a kobold minority to every province you have an infantry on so I had like 100 separate armies at the end lol

Looking forward to the next update, what they're doing with fantasy africa seems really cool

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if you are a crazy person who married a horse in real life. we're sorry. reach out to paradox support for a free Eccentric dlc key

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Bump

----------------

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

anbennar update. eu4 dlc update. where is the imp multiplayer i've been promised

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mbt posted:

anbennar update. eu4 dlc update. where is the imp multiplayer i've been promised

the anbennar update "featuring" the lizards of fantasy africa doesn't even have mission trees for them. maybe next update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

the anbennar update "featuring" the lizards of fantasy africa doesn't even have mission trees for them. maybe next update.

You wouldn't catch me playing one anyway. Bulwar forever