Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ruffles my feathers to see these grown nerds still afraid of the middle school bully who dumped their d&d monster manual into a mud puddle in 5th grade.

guess what? the bully is in your head now. he's not real. you can like game story and say it loud. christ almighty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Nothing grinds my gears more than fake gamers. Other than people who would mock gamers. Those people don't exist anymore, because I have killed them.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Silver Striker posted:

Other than people who would mock gamers. Those people don't exist anymore, because I have killed them.

they were not prepared

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
video game stories are good, but gameplay comes first.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

Nothing grinds my gears more than fake gamers. Other than people who would mock gamers. Those people don't exist anymore, because I have killed them.

Thank you Silver Striker.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Ragg posted:

Is it even possible to still get Duskbat Drape. I just checked and you can't. Blizzard Fail.

Otoh, Engineers got the ability to make a glider in MoP, so it all works out.

Cause seriously, who doesn't make their rogue everything an engi?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

You are a man amongst men

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Rexicon1 posted:

you are looking through rose-colored glasses on the WC1-3 and the D1+2 stories. they are pretty cool stories for like early young adult fiction where like "oh man! look at all these guts all over the walls!" and "whoa look at this cool wizard shooting lasers at orcs yeaaaa!" can pass as a good story. SC2 and all the D3 poo poo is the exact same quality of writing as the old stuff we all just grew up and realized that it was all dumb poo poo for children.

There was basically no story in WC1/D1 and you could easily ignore everything story-related in WC2-3/D2. SC2 and especially D3 spoon fed you their poo poo. Azmodan's unrelenting background blabbering is literally the worst videogame thing ever.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

blainestereo posted:

There was basically no story in WC1/D1 and you could easily ignore everything story-related in WC2-3/D2.

God, what?

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

There was basically no story in WC1/D1 and you could easily ignore everything story-related in WC2-3/D2. SC2 and especially D3 spoon fed you their poo poo. Azmodan's unrelenting background blabbering is literally the worst videogame thing ever.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Azmodan talking is about the same as having to go back to town to talk to deckard cain or whatever so I don't know about that.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Regalingualius posted:

Otoh, Engineers got the ability to make a glider in MoP, so it all works out.

Cause seriously, who doesn't make their rogue everything an engi?

It doesn't all work out, because the duskbat drape is not the same.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Professions are loving gay to level up btw.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

They're making it less of a pita to level profs in WOD, by letting you learn recipes that grant skillups w/ modern mats for crafting. MoP already introduced a system for gatherers by letting them gather the most recent nodes at any skill, but w/ a reduced take to compensate.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
also the garrison has three spots for buildings that basically do nearly anything you'd want from the profession

and professions don't give you a boostie anymore so not having them isn't directly harming your stats

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
1. World of Warcraft is good.
2. Illidan is good as well
3. Imagine the sickest orcs all using special powers in the Orc Counsel raid fight.... :D

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

1. World of Warcraft is good.

I respectfully disagree.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i just started d3 and my current quest is called legacy of cain

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I respectfully disagree.

Hm.... Well, gamers the world over have voted with their wallets, my friend.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Hm.... Well, gamers the world over have voted with their wallets, my friend.

People spend money on things that aren't good all the time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

People spend money on things that aren't good all the time.

i bought d3 at launch :(

LSTB
Nov 13, 2000

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I respectfully disagree.

I respectfully disagree.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

LSTB posted:

I respectfully disagree.

Then we will have to agree to disagree.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Awesome! posted:

i bought d3 at launch :(

I got it for free from Blizzard :smuggo:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Then we will have to agree to disagree.

I'm gonna agree to call you a fuckn fagget.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Ragg posted:

I'm gonna agree to call you a fuckn fagget.

We will agree to agree on that one.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Rexicon1 posted:

you are looking through rose-colored glasses on the WC1-3 and the D1+2 stories. they are pretty cool stories for like early young adult fiction where like "oh man! look at all these guts all over the walls!" and "whoa look at this cool wizard shooting lasers at orcs yeaaaa!" can pass as a good story. SC2 and all the D3 poo poo is the exact same quality of writing as the old stuff we all just grew up and realized that it was all dumb poo poo for children.

Metzen come on man you don't need to defend yourself we're all friends here

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Someone on /v/ was talking about how the burning legion is going to end up corrupting Azeroth and having them invade draenor this time around. That would be really cool if it happened which is precisely why it won't happen

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

sword_man.gif posted:

it's an alternate dimension as well so, nope

hey it's better than their original idea where garrosh blows a magic horn that resurrects all the dead orc leaders, this was an idea they had that they just told everybody about

lol that wouldve been good

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
http://www.theonion.com/video/should-obama-blow-the-silver-horn-the-founding-fat,36011/

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmao.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
he betrayed the night elves you idiot lstb