Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
did you play SMT 4 yet OP? I spent most of my 3DS time so far on that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i used to think nobody made good rpgs anymore but then i realized my problem was that i didnt have a 3ds

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

this looks cool and i want it

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

medibot posted:

it looks pretty good but i need two questions answered before getting it: 1. how are skeletons represented in this game? 2. how are wizards represented in this game?

skeletons and wizards are cute and unimposing, like most things in the game. One of the first enemies in the game is a giggling carrot.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Azraelle posted:

skeletons and wizards are cute and unimposing, like most things in the game. One of the first enemies in the game is a giggling carrot.

if you eat too many carrots your skin turns orange, that's pretty imposing imo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

did you play SMT 4 yet OP? I spent most of my 3DS time so far on that game

Im eu so we get it next month i think. anyway, ill be getting it ASAP.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

Im eu so we get it next month i think. anyway, ill be getting it ASAP.

if you like the other ones, i had a drat blast playing it... still not quite nocturne though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the list of epic 3ds games to pl ay is so big its making my head spin :D

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

if you like the other ones, i had a drat blast playing it... still not quite nocturne though

Im way into SMT + persona. i even bought a ps3 the same week p5 was announced for it. of course they went and announced it for ps4 as well but at least i got to play stuff like lightning returns and demon/dark souls.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

etrian odissey 4 is really good too.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

ya well i think dq8 is like one of the best of all time but i thought ni no kuni was kinda shallow so who knows.

havent played ni no kuni so idk but dq8, dark cloud, and professor layton are aall really good so im hoping this game is also really good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

medibot posted:

it looks pretty good but i need two questions answered before getting it: 1. how are skeletons represented in this game? 2. how are wizards represented in this game?

back to GBS and LP for you

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Swelter Discharge posted:

havent played ni no kuni so idk but dq8, dark cloud, and professor layton are aall really good so im hoping this game is also really good

ni no kuni is really good if you like tales style action rpg battles, its very similar to that plus pokemon, with the gorgeous visuals of ghibli of course, its cute, it does drag a bit towards the end but i actually finished it and i havent finished a non final fantasy or persona jrpg since i was like 16

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

ninty handhelds are always powerful

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dragon quest 8 was from favorite RPG from PS2 era. 100% finished it which is rare for me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

babypolis posted:

etrian odissey 4 is really good too.

yeah i played the demo and loved it so Ill be playing it after i finish fire emblem

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

probably will get ni no kuni after i can find a really cheap ps3

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that was in response to the op, not to anyone in particular

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah i played the demo and loved it so Ill be playing it after i finish fire emblem

did you try the etrian odyssey untold demo as well

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

did you try the etrian odyssey untold demo as well

yeah but it didnt seem quite as good so ill play 4 first and maybe that one afterward if i become a fan.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

back to GBS and LP for you

don't scare away the only funny LP poster

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dexters Secret posted:

don't scare away the only funny LP poster

thanks for your opinion on whos funny, dexter

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

thanks for your opinion on whos funny, dexter

i think a lot of the same people you find funny are funny, please do not drive a wedge between our friendship

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i probably will when it comes to America. during e3 the nintendo treehouse girls described it as "almost too cute"

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Dragon quest 8 was from favorite RPG from PS2 era. 100% finished it which is rare for me

i got to baccarat and then stopped. i want to go back and finish it but i had the gaming morbs for awhile

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Dragon quest 8 was my favorite RPG from PS2 era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i just found out this game is apparently gonna have multiplayer, so I think I'm gonna buy it for sure

• Locked thread