Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im selling it as soon as theres a release date for the new one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

I.N.R.I posted:

my 3ds is creaky and its like 2 weeks old -_-

my hinge is a little loose now but ive had it for almost a year, i like the idea of no hinge since im not an idiot who plays it on campus or in malls or something or whatever the appeal of having a handheld still fit in your pocket is

brighter sounds rear end though, the XL is already as bright as i'd want to stare at anything on the minimum brightness

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

I.N.R.I posted:

my 3ds is creaky and its like 2 weeks old -_-

You need to lubricate the hinges. Sometimes they come like that from the factory.

I find semen works pretty well.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

OkieMurse posted:

You need to lubricate the hinges. Sometimes they come like that from the factory.

I find semen works pretty well.

its the back plate IMO. if u press on it it creaks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sometimes i get angry and very slightly shake my 3ds and it bends backwards and makes a clicky noise

now the solution would be to stop acting like a child but im pretty sure it's nintendo's fault for making games where i dont win

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I have a 2DS and it is pretty nice because I have big skeleton hands and that makes it hard for me to use a regular 3DS.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I got one of the zelda xl's and there's no creaks or anything wierd with it, maybe nintendo makes the special edition ones a bit more sturdy or something

nah you just got lucky, a lot of xls just have minor defects from model to model.

the 3ds xl build quality was honestly pretty low for nintendo, the original 3DS is much more sturdy and consistent. hopefully the new models will be better.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Endorph posted:

i only buy video game consoles that look cool and adult

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Endorph posted:

i only buy video game consoles that look cool and adult

this owns a lot

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

if yours didn't come with a pouch this is a pretty good deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221369022366

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The 3D in smash is actually really good and helpful, so this seems like an epic fail to me

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

i'd be down for playing a 2DS if it were like the size of an iPad but it's small and little and gently caress that I'm a man I play only giant consoles with giant controls

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gay skull posted:

i'd be down for playing a 2DS if it were like the size of an iPad but it's small and little and gently caress that I'm a man I play only giant consoles with giant controls

Have you actaully played on one. It feels a better fit for mansized hands than the clamshell DS.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Have you actaully played on one. It feels a better fit for mansized hands than the clamshell DS.

I actually did once, and it really does feel more comfortable than the 3DS or XL, but I just wish those screens were bigger. I understand that it's marketed towards kids and sold at a low price, so having larger screens wouldn't really push any more sales, but it'd be so nice to at least have a model with phablet-sized screens. It's not something that'd leave my house, so why not go all-out? I guess what I'm asking for is the Wii U's Gamepad, but with two screens and a card slot.

But keep it a cheese wedge shape cause that poo poo was comfy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i still dont understand why you changed your mind about getting an american 3ds

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

i still dont understand why you changed your mind about getting an american 3ds

I don;t htink it was suggested to be before I bought my PAL one.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In any case, when I go overseas I'll get an American one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

gay skull posted:

i actually like the smaller screens because the posture of holding it closer to my face hurts my neck less

knees against my chest, wrists rested atop my knees, playin some smash, feels good.

tryin to do that with the XL was awkward

• Locked thread