Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Zeniel posted:

Woah I was definitely not aware of that potion. Also be sure not forget to ring the bell

I totally forgot about that! I'll edit it into the post above, too.

This item, the Tinker's Bell, also appears nowhere else in the game. It's not part of any potions, but you can use it on Zanthia.

... the Maria del Mar, Lynda Waskom, Tammy Okahara, Patrick Stewart, Seth Mendelsohn & Erik Yeo, Ty & Judy Coon, Lyle Man, Virtual Ted, M.C. Crammer, Entropy & Shady Lady, T.H.E.R.D. Base Gang, Rusty at the Garden, Malcolm the Jester, and Scotia.

It's a bunch of shoutouts! As far as I can tell, these are all people related to Westwood in some way or another. Maria del Mar and Lynda Waskom worked at Westwood in the 90s on other games. Patrick Stewart is a well-known actor who also did some voice acting for Lands of Lore, another Westwood title. Seth Mendelsohn and Erik Yeo were game designers on The Lion King, another Westwood game that came out later the same year.

I have no idea who Tammy Okahara, Ty & Judy Coon, Lyle Man, or Virtual Ted are. Probably friends of the developers. The next few sound like local bands, but they too have been lost to time and Google. Malcolm the Jester and Scotia are references to the first game in this series and Lands of Lore, respectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Excellent! A truly solid LP of a most wonderful, if a little wobbly at times, adventure game. :golfclap:

Guess it's all down hill from here, the game quality that is, not the LP quality.

Nuclear Pizza
Feb 25, 2006
Before we say goodbye to this thread I thought that people would like to hear the firefly song from near the beginning of the game. It's about 18 minutes in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk7mbO1EBkc

Let me also say well done to Hyper Crab Tank. Eagerly waiting Kyrandia 3 if you end up Let's Playing it :).

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Nuclear Pizza posted:

Let me also say well done to Hyper Crab Tank. Eagerly waiting Kyrandia 3 if you end up Let's Playing it :).

Your wish has come true, and the new thread is here. And so, for now, it is time to say goodbye to Zanthia. Thank you all for sticking with the LP thus far.

• Locked thread