Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
p. sure the toughest enemy is the inevitability of death, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zeal posted:

p. sure the toughest enemy is the inevitability of death, op.

So you standing in the tunnel of eternal light, and you see the ones you never learn to love in life. Make the choice, let it go, but you can back it up. If you ain't at peace with God you need to patch it up. But if you ready, close your eyes and we can set it free. There lies a man not scared to die, may he rest in peace.

Scarface, 1994

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

its sad when you realize tony was being serious when he said 'say hello to my little friend'. violence was his only friend.

:smith:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Sectopods gives me the most issues in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. These tough mechanical bastards shrug off whatever you throw at them and they vaporize your dudes with a ridiculously overpowered laser cannon or blow up your entire squad with a cluster bomb mortar if you're stupid enough to keep units huddled together behind cover like I am. :downsgun:

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

depression

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

So you standing in the tunnel of eternal light, and you see the ones you never learn to love in life. Make the choice, let it go, but you can back it up. If you ain't at peace with God you need to patch it up. But if you ready, close your eyes and we can set it free. There lies a man not scared to die, may he rest in peace.

Scarface, 1994

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

thats my favorite song from that album, and its great to play on itunes after a night of smoking marijuano and playing video games.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Starhawk64 posted:

Sectopods gives me the most issues in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. These tough mechanical bastards shrug off whatever you throw at them and they vaporize your dudes with a ridiculously overpowered laser cannon or blow up your entire squad with a cluster bomb mortar if you're stupid enough to keep units huddled together behind cover like I am. :downsgun:

The very first time I encountered a Sectopod it nearly killed one unit. That's...the worst they've ever done to me.

If you aren't loving terrible at the game you can take one out in a single turn every time.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

those red skeletons in castlevania, those guys just won't stay down!

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
lakitu imo

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It depends, OP.

Are we defining toughest enemy as only a single entity, or could we count a specific layout of enemies? Furthermore, do you mean the enemy that has killed you the most or the enemy that was the hardest to overcome?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

those red skeletons in castlevania, those guys just won't stay down!

No, clearly it's those loving grenade guards in Lords of Shadow 2, who can take out the one who defeated loving Satan.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

probably some mmo boss nobody cares to remember

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Other players in multiplayer.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

BoredDG posted:

Other players in multiplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npAkNwL7OpI

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
a kenyan mangrove crab, op

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Starhawk64 posted:

you can bundle up like that and then spread out so it wastes a turn doing the cluster bomb thing

also bird enemies are the strongest op. uinless you can fly as well

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Silver Striker posted:

It depends, OP.

Are we defining toughest enemy as only a single entity, or could we count a specific layout of enemies? Furthermore, do you mean the enemy that has killed you the most or the enemy that was the hardest to overcome?

It's open to interpretation. Follow the fine examples in this thread.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

probably some mmo boss nobody cares to remember

Oh, I'm pretty sure the victims of Pandemonium Warden would like to forget too.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Pandemonium_Warden

Final Fantasy Wiki posted:

Upon its introduction into Final Fantasy XI, more than 36 players marathon fighting Pandemonium Warden for 18 hours were unable to defeat it. They were forced to retire after members of the party started to become physically ill; after such a prolonged period of gaming, they began to faint and vomit, creating news reports to be filed in argument of the game's User Message present at every login, which states that Square Enix "...does not wish to see [their players'] lives..." suffer as a result of extensive play. Following the 18 hour attempt, the monster (along with Absolute Virtue) was patched to only have a spawn time of two hours, and its overall difficulty was significantly decreased — if not beaten within that time, it despawns and vanishes; also, its satellites no longer have 25,000 HP each, but closer to only 2,400.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
On another note, a similar monster known as Absolute Virtue put 30 hours of players' efforts to kill it to waste with a single full-heal spell.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
The toughest enemy is love :3:

• Locked thread