Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Lets review why this game owns:

1) Can't pick up dropped guns in an FPS in a year of our lord 2014
2) "Scary" background noises
3) Moronic AI that pretends to be intelligent by wallhacking
4) Luck based stealth system
5) Levels are 3 shades of brown, olive and metal covered in darkness

:siren: Game Of The Year :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*claps hands together satisfiedly* Welp, that wraps up the ownage on this game pretty tightly. Well done, Captain Gordon. Please report to Imp HQ to recieve your medal of honor.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
*tries to pickup the medal of honor for 5 minutes by clicking on it, but it just despawns instead*

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

for real is this game good

people compared it to amnesia and amnesia worked as a short Indie game but wouldn't be much fun for a long rear end $60 game

is this game worth full price (I mean I'm not going to buy it or anything)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Its the halo of this generation

A real Call of Duty

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
It steps up to the Battlefield without FEAR

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

a Far Cry from the source material though

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
the alien is a god from the machine

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
my housemate likes it + thinks its scary. thats all i know

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I haven't played much of it so far but I can already tell the save system is going to annoy me. I like Alien a whole lot though so I'm gonna play it anyways.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
It's pretty alright actually

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

lol

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

goty unironically

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
http://www.twitch.tv/vinesauce/c/5266577

http://www.twitch.tv/vinesauce/c/5292477

The AI really is poo poo.

rocket_man38 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 14, 2014

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

since when does the Alien growl like a loving lion, stomping around FEE FAY FOE FUHM I SMELL THE BLOOD OF AN RIPLEY

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

lol

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Bolverkur posted:

since when does the Alien growl like a loving lion, stomping around FEE FAY FOE FUHM I SMELL THE BLOOD OF AN RIPLEY

I don't know, but the idea was to given the Alien clear verbal cues so the player can learn them and respond to them. I think it's a neat idea but I never played the game. Also apparently the AI is supposed to get better over the course of the 20 hour game so it looks like the Alien is "learning".

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Bolverkur posted:

Since this really bad game was made for stupid loving babies who can't accept any monster that doesn't snarl in the most generic possible way

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Mach2 posted:

Since this really bad game was made for stupid loving babies who can't accept any monster that doesn't snarl in the most generic possible way

but tell us how you really feel :allears:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

here's hoping for a sequel where they get rid of that stomping and hissing and make the Alien the silent lethal murder holocaust-in-a-can it's supposed to be

maybe Alien 3: Isolation, where you try to keep enough mongrels alive to kill the thing and then yourself before Weyland-Yutani shows up

the even worse AI will make that game a hoot

:siren: :10bux: on Kickstarter now :10bux: :siren:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Bolverkur posted:

here's hoping for a sequel where they get rid of that stomping and hissing and make the Alien the silent lethal murder holocaust-in-a-can it's supposed to be

maybe Alien 3: Isolation, where you try to keep enough mongrels alive to kill the thing and then yourself before Weyland-Yutani shows up

the even worse AI will make that game a hoot

:siren: :10bux: on Kickstarter now :10bux: :siren:

yes lets make the alien cheaper

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Panzeh posted:

yes lets make the alien cheaper

it doesn't kill you, you fool, you have the queen wormbaby inside of you. it kills the peasants when you are distracted and fucks relentlessly with your plans

you couldn't save them ripley 2.0

now you can't save yourself

:10bux: GOTY :10bux:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

why do they keep loving making alien games. i still want a good modern matrix game but nope lets keep loving making GBS threads out alien games that all suck over and over

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

that would be incredibly unfun to play

and it'd kill the tension when you hide and know the thing is looking for you like a roided out roommate who knows you're two months late on the rent

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

How much color do you expect to see in a space ship?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

whatever I already have $2400 for my dorf fortress Alien FPS

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

How much color do you expect to see in a space ship?

I'm hopelessly in love with filthy neon futures, so I like the look of a dark gray ship broken up by muted whites and lots of dim vibrant colors

Make you feel like the whole place was cobbled together from a thousand abandoned night clubs and metal factories, and the alien is ready to loving boogey

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Did you know the Alien films are about vaginas? :smug:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

peter gabriel posted:

Did you know the Alien films are about vaginas? :smug:

aliens is a movie about two mothers (ripley + queen) fighting over a child (newt)

also the strongest characters in aliens are all women. vasquez is the strongest marine, ripley the strongest civilian, newt the strongest colony person

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Mach2 posted:

but the movies do this too. the alien growls and it makes baby elephant/jazz instrument noises.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

mod sassinator posted:

aliens is a movie about two mothers (ripley + queen) fighting over a child (newt)

also the strongest characters in aliens are all women. vasquez is the strongest marine, ripley the strongest civilian, newt the strongest colony person

That's what I said hombre

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

lady blue shanghai posted:

but the movies do this too. the alien growls and it makes baby elephant/jazz instrument noises.

petition to replace all alien noises with soothing and sassy jazz instrument solos :sax:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Bobnumerotres posted:

why do they keep loving making alien games. i still want a good modern matrix game but nope lets keep loving making GBS threads out alien games that all suck over and over

Saints Row 4.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

mod sassinator posted:

drat. Never thought about famous sci-fi action film "Aliens" in this way before. Your brilliant movie thoughts have opened my mind to new thoughts. God bless.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no bullet time or p much anything from the matrix in those games except the outfits

amazing games though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Conker bfd is better than any matrix game ever could be

• Locked thread