Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

no samples, proper financing only. need proof of insurance.

Stealth Like posted:

Late to gambling chat, but I'm pretty sure I have the worst luck ever. Gambled 9 shields, and I got 4 rare, 3 magic, and 2 loving white shields. I didn't even know you could get white items before that (this was after the hotfix).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

literally laughing irl that youre so mad about being dumb that youre spending your friday night going through my post history. have fun being obsessed with me im gonna go out now bye

Apr 7, 2003

Stealth Like posted:

literally laughing irl that youre so mad about being dumb that youre spending your friday night going through my post history. have fun being obsessed with me im gonna go out now bye

"haha, I'm so loving stupid in my friday posts that you posted on Friday about how stupid I am! Owned bitch, cya"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

isn't the fatty jerky illegal to sell commercially because it goes rancid and fat can't be fully decontaminated by drying like protein can

i mean, beyond how the first step of making a dried meat product, in every single culture that has invented them, is always cutting off as much fat as you possibly can because they figured out thousands of years ago that if you leave the fat on it gives you diarrhea and then you die

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

isn't the fatty jerky illegal to sell commercially because it goes rancid and fat can't be fully decontaminated by drying like protein can

i mean, beyond how the first step of making a dried meat product, in every single culture that has invented them, is always cutting off as much fat as you possibly can because they figured out thousands of years ago that if you leave the fat on it gives you diarrhea and then you die

Fat can't be preserved like meat can.

Anything "fatty" that Big John sold was rancid by nature, and definitely not subject to inspection.

Goons were literally buying unsellable garbage from a guy on a forum, and you can bet that if he was selling rancid fat scraps, everything else was crap too.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
where can i read more about the rancid meat selling man. is it in GWS?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lol @ how every time someone gets called out for dumb things they posted in the past it's all 'hurrr well ur the one reading my post history it is u that who is owned'

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the best jerky i have ever had is stuff that my grandma buys from some amish people near her place in ohio. holy poo poo is it ever good.

notably, it has no detectable fat at all and you have to kind of let it sit in your mouth for a bit before it gets soft enough to eat. it's awesome.

Apr 7, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1457686&pagenumber=1

There's a very good reason why the "fatty jerky" is a goon-only special.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

He got a free sample and ate it and then he ordered more. He also supported Star Citizen. lmao

lmao fatty jerky

Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol @ how every time someone gets called out for dumb things they posted in the past it's all 'hurrr well ur the one reading my post history it is u that who is owned'

hahaha i'm real fuckin' stupid, owned.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
leasing is a good idea if youre household is 6fig and the first fig is a "2" or higher, and you can discretionary budget for "Car" as a thing that you have in your life, often a few, that are not things you want to own, work on or care for but simple tools that you utilize and recycle like a jetski at a lake. I mean, you could buy jetskis and a tow rig to carry them and space in a garage and all and be out all that cash, but for all the extra work and upkeep and cash to rig out for it, they are no more fun on the water than the ones you rent and use for teh day and return. except it's a car. when you're done with it you take it back and if you still need it you get another one.

this is the real use case for leasing, as opposed to tori's very, very well elaborated upon focus, poors seeing a lower monthly payment than buying, and going that route because "less money for more car = better"

where proly 99% of people who lease out of poordom to get a nice new ride they cannot afford end up with either huge bills and/or credit scars at the end of the lease because over-mileage, dings/dents, lovely contract they agreed to, etc etc etc

Sniep fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 18, 2014

Apr 7, 2003

Sniep posted:

leasing is a good idea if youre household is 6fig and the first fig is a "2" or higher, and you can discretionary budget for "Car" as a thing that you have in your life, often a few, that are not things you want to own, work on or care for but simple tools that you utilize and recycle like a jetski at a lake. I mean, you could buy jetskis and a tow rig to carry them and be out all that cash, but for all the extra work and upkeep and cash to rig out for it, they are no more fun on the water than the ones you rent and use for teh day and return. except it's a car. when you're done with it you take it back and if you still need it you get another one.

this is the real use case for leasing, as opposed to tori's very, very well elaborated upon focus, poors seeing a lower monthly payment than buying, and going that route because "less money for more car = better"

where proly 99% of people who lease out of poordom to get a nice new ride they cannot afford end up with either huge bills and/or credit scars at the end of the lease because over-mileage, dings/dents, lovely contract they agreed to, etc etc etc

Sniep is much nicer and more eloquent than I am, but basically if you're leasing and you aren't so rich that buying vs. leasing is a wash, you're getting hosed. lmao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wonder how many thousands of dollars he has spent on video game spaceships

or more accurately, how much has he spent on the promise that in a couple of years he will get to walk his character around the inside of a specific video game spaceship that is a little different from the other video game spaceships

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sniep posted:

leasing is a good idea if youre household is 6fig and the first fig is a "2" or higher, and you can discretionary budget for "Car" as a thing that you have in your life, often a few, that are not things you want to own, work on or care for but simple tools that you utilize and recycle like a jetski at a lake. I mean, you could buy jetskis and a tow rig to carry them and be out all that cash, but for all the extra work and upkeep and cash to rig out for it, they are no more fun on the water than the ones you rent and use for teh day and return. except it's a car. when you're done with it you take it back and if you still need it you get another one.

this is exactly how i feel about boats and guns

motherfuck buying and maintaining either of those goddamn things when i can rent them whenever i want

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i wonder how many thousands of dollars he has spent on video game spaceships

or more accurately, how much has he spent on the promise that in a couple of years he will get to walk his character around the inside of a specific video game spaceship that is a little different from the other video game spaceships

As long as he keeps playing Diablo III, one will pay for the other!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this is exactly how i feel about boats and guns

motherfuck buying and maintaining either of those goddamn things when i can rent them whenever i want

boats sure but guns, really? doesn't a gun cost like 200 dollars? why would you lease a gun? (i own no guns)

unless you mean like leasing a minigun or a rocket launcher or something, in which case, please tell me where i can do this

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

boats sure but guns, really? doesn't a gun cost like 200 dollars?

i own no guns

My dad was a gun nut, guns are way expensive relatively speaking but worth it because you can keep them forever.

Like, a decent handgun when my dad was into them was $700+ but that gun would literally last a hundred years if cared for.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

boats sure but guns, really? doesn't a gun cost like 200 dollars? why would you lease a gun? (i own no guns)
my gun nut buddy spends over a grand on guns fairly often

quote:

unless you mean like leasing a minigun or a rocket launcher or something, in which case, please tell me where i can do this
same

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1457686&pagenumber=1

There's a very good reason why the "fatty jerky" is a goon-only special.

I regularly post FATTY UPDATES which is our current inventory of FATTY jerky. When you order FATTY jerky, copy the most recent FATTY UPDATE (it doesn't matter who posted it) and reduce the inventory for the items you are ordering. If anyone has posted a FATTY UPDATE after my last one, please re-post their FATTY UPDATE.

*FATTY jerky will NOT have the same shelf life as regular jerky because of the fat and moisture associated with it. After opening, you should eat it quickly or it will spoil. You can freeze it after opening to extend the shelf life. I recommend reading what others in the thread have to say about their experiences with it as well.

lol is this for real? i thought selling rancid meat was usually illegal.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yes, it is.

presumably the usda doesn't have a something awful forums unit though so he's in the clear

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

maybe a little .22 marksmanship pistol you could get used for $200

but if i wanna go cut loose with a big MP5 i'm just gonna walk in and drop $12 on renting one for as long as i'm at the range instead of spending 3+ grand for that poo poo, plus maintenance which you'll hafta bring back in all the time anyway unless you have a gunsmithy in your garage

granted that's an extreme example but guns are still crazy expensive and dangerous to keep around to boot

Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

I regularly post FATTY UPDATES which is our current inventory of FATTY jerky. When you order FATTY jerky, copy the most recent FATTY UPDATE (it doesn't matter who posted it) and reduce the inventory for the items you are ordering. If anyone has posted a FATTY UPDATE after my last one, please re-post their FATTY UPDATE.

*FATTY jerky will NOT have the same shelf life as regular jerky because of the fat and moisture associated with it. After opening, you should eat it quickly or it will spoil. You can freeze it after opening to extend the shelf life. I recommend reading what others in the thread have to say about their experiences with it as well.

lol is this for real? i thought selling rancid meat was usually illegal.

Big John had a website. He didn't post his fatty jerky on the website for obvious reasons, and had a "fatty tracker" on the SA forums.

Goons paid him for his industrial waste.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

Goons were literally buying unsellable garbage from a guy on a forum

dont post about buying the right to view posts

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

theadder posted:

dont post about buying the right to view posts

c+
you can do better. apply yourself!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

Big John had a website. He didn't post his fatty jerky on the website for obvious reasons, and had a "fatty tracker" on the SA forums.

Goons paid him for his industrial waste.

one of the games mods ordered thousands of dollars of it

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

c+
you can do better. apply yourself!

physician heal thyself

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive got a hankering for some jerky, and, i cant afford a car, in real life. if my car breaks, im ultra hosed. ftw. just, epic, ftw

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i just bought a $25 bottle of ink to use in my $150 pen

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Citizen Tayne posted:

"I take my Mercedes back and get a new one every six months because gently caress GAP Insurance, I can't afford that poo poo" - bizarro steve jobs

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

its u

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you can buy a high quality well cared-for used gun for a hundred bucks if you're not a idiot

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Smythe posted:

ive got a hankering for some jerky, and, i cant afford a car, in real life. if my car breaks, im ultra hosed. ftw. just, epic, ftw

if a lease breaks the dealer fixes it for you at no cost

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm also cheap as gently caress, so there's that

:hf:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

tbf if someone did trawl through my post history, they would be the ones getting owned

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

indigi posted:

if a lease breaks the dealer fixes it for you at no cost

yea but my car isnt leased and is 10 yhears old now, ehhe

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

tbf if someone did trawl through my post history, they would be the ones getting owned

you wear shameful posts like a scarlet letter, so no need ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im tempted to look up car prices but then my ads wil be poisoned 5ever

e; nevermind. too late. mini cooper ad appears

• Locked thread