Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

Scabbers is a human transformed into a rat to escape reprisal from his former friends re aiding the Dark Lord in murdering James and Lily Potter , not a 'Scabbers.' 'Scabbers' is not a species of magical animal; it's a name. You're an idiot.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
it would be wicked sick if you could get peter's magic silver prosthetic hand and use it for t-1000 melee attacks and stealth kills

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

conceitedguy posted:

Scabbers is a human transformed into a rat to escape reprisal from his former friends re aiding the Dark Lord in murdering James and Lily Potter , not a 'Scabbers.' 'Scabbers' is not a species of magical animal; it's a name. You're an idiot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HarryVision would be awesome, the ability to drop Harry Potter into any Xbox game.

Harry Potter in Dead Rising: Where's Dumbledore's Firestorm Spell when you need it.

Harry Potter in Sonic 4: I'm not running anywhere, since the Nimbus 2000 is much faster than any human can otherwise travel

Gears of Wars: What are you rear end in a top hat doing cowering behind cover? Come out here and be a man, I'm sure there is a Madam Pomfrey around the corner anyway you little babies.

God of War: Hey Bro, heard you can get me into hell, say hi to my dad for me. I ship Snape and Lily Potter.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

HarryVision would be awesome, the ability to drop Harry Potter into any Xbox game.

Harry Potter in Dead Rising: Where's Dumbledore's Firestorm Spell when you need it.

Harry Potter in Sonic 4: I'm not running anywhere, since the Nimbus 2000 is much faster than any human can otherwise travel

Gears of Wars: What are you rear end in a top hat doing cowering behind cover? Come out here and be a man, I'm sure there is a Madam Pomfrey around the corner anyway you little babies.

God of War: Hey Bro, heard you can get me into hell, say hi to my dad for me. I ship Snape and Lily Potter.

Pity quote.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Don't you dare pity me you unremarkable fuckwit.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

:drat:

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dude, have you been carrying around a horcrux? You seem unnaturally mad, and butt hurt; it must be an evil magical influence.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

conceitedguy posted:

Dude, have you been carrying around a horcrux? You seem unnaturally mad, and butt hurt; it must be an evil magical influence.

That's not how horcruces work you drooling idiot

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Heavy Lobster posted:

That's not how horcruces work you drooling idiot

It happened in the book when they wore the Salazar Slytherin Locket.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

And as for this... Uhhh dude... The Firebolt is way faster than the Nimbus series.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lore fags ruin ANOTHER good thread.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Wormskull posted:

It happened in the book when they wore the Salazar Slytherin Locket.

That was only one of them though and considering SS was kind of a Bad Dude I'm willing to believe it's more his fault than Vold's/the exception rather than the rule

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lore fags ruin ANOTHER good thread.

Maybe if you paid more attention to the details of a children's book series this wouldn't have happened

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That game that was Gears of War, but you were Harry Potter hunkering down behind chest high walls and blasting dementors with Harry's Phoenix Feather Wand.

of all the gow clones that one was the funniest and most memorable

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Wormskull posted:

Some other spells are deadly, such as Sectumsempra.

Imagine a game with a spell crafting system a la Eternal Darkness where you could combine previously learned hexes/charms/curses to create even more potent versions. In the late game you could take something as basic as "expelliarmus" and build it into a move that caused both disarmament and spontaneous exsanguination.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Imagine a game with a spell crafting system a la Eternal Darkness where you could combine previously learned hexes/charms/curses to create even more potent versions. In the late game you could take something as basic as "expelliarmus" and build it into a move that caused both disarmament and spontaneous exsanguination.

Jesus Christ now I have to hack up a grimdark Harry Potter rpg

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Heavy Lobster posted:

That was only one of them though and considering SS was kind of a Bad Dude I'm willing to believe it's more his fault than Vold's/the exception rather than the rule

Maybe if you paid more attention to the details of a children's book series this wouldn't have happened

Well the Diary also possessed Ginny, for example, and some other stuff. Dumbledore's hand got jacked up by the ring. I guess it's likelier to just be protective curses by Voldemort or something but there's still only like 8 known created horcruxen, also and I figure your gonna do that stuff to it anyway probably. So maybe Conceited Gay isn't totally fucktarded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Expelliaraga.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Wormskull posted:

So maybe Conceited Gay isn't totally fucktarded.

Let's not get carried away here

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Well the Diary also possessed Ginny, for example, and some other stuff. Dumbledore's hand got jacked up by the ring. I guess it's likelier to just be protective curses by Voldemort or something but there's still only like 8 known created horcruxen, also and I figure your gonna do that stuff to it anyway probably. So maybe Conceited Gay isn't totally fucktarded.

Yeah that's fair - regardless of the ~true nature of it~ or whatever it's going to inevitably be working toward the same end point. I guess in the end it was me, who was fucktarded.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
uhhh yeah these spells to fix glasses and change hair color are cool and all i guess but when do i learn fireball, magic missile, and disintegration

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

A disarming spell that causes the target's arms to pop off a la Mr. Potatohead in Toy Story.

Dad Joke spells.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
or you could just cast the spell that already exists that causes instant irreversable death and cannot be protected against

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

sword_man.gif posted:

causes instant irreversable death and cannot be protected against

If this were true, the books would just be a short story about Voldemort killing the entire Potter family.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Machai posted:

If this were true, the books would just be a short story about Voldemort killing the entire Potter family.

oh excuse me it can be protected against if you are a child and your parents sacrifice themselves to save you thereby putting Power Word: Love on you that lasts until you reach 18 and suddenly you can be murdered again

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

oh excuse me it can be protected against if you are a child and your parents sacrifice themselves to save you thereby putting Power Word: Love on you that lasts until you reach 18 and suddenly you can be murdered again

You can dodge it, as well, according to canonical sources.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You also have to really mean to use it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Disintigrattio!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

A spell that just instantly kills you is super taboo but transmogrifying someone's lungs into tacky rest-stop souvenirs is not.

• Locked thread