Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Decebal posted:

Wishing death on us because we try to encourage others to live a healthier life. So mean :(

Thank you for proving the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

im addicted to food

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Momohime Katsumi posted:

disorder. BInge Eating Disorder is now recognized by the DSM IV as an eating disorder. So gently caress you offsite fatshaming goons. You wouldn't mock someone with untreated schizophrenia or depreesion for having a mental health disorder. Your'e part of the problem with mental health stigma in this country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binge_eating_disorder
https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/binge-eating-disorder

In 20 years, fat shaming will be stigmatized as much as calling someone a racial slur. Be Progressive :)

It's now recognized in DSM V as a separate disorder, rather than footnoted into 'eating disorder but not properly specified'.

Please use up to date psy literature, thanks op.

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
These awesome excuses for being fat, together with social justice for fatties, will surely save us from early death from heart conditions!

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
good thing about more people being fat is that non-fats look so much better by comparison. also fat people actually save the healthcare system money since they die young and therefore avoid all the really expensive diseases associated with old age.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
you do have to factor in the cost of things like zoo-grade mri scanners though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
tane

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Momohime Katsumi posted:

In 20 years, fat shaming will be stigmatized as much as calling someone a racial slur. Be Progressive :)

In 20 years it will be wrong and politically incorrect to make fun of basically anyone. Bronies, Furries, Autists, Uggos, you name it.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
If making fun of fats is wrong, then why does it feel so good ?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

quote:

As for ‘joyful exercise,’ well, not all bodies want to move, and not all bodies move joyfully. I know that I personally tend to feel better, emotionally, when I do yoga regularly. Which is great, for me. But I’m not going to tell other people to do yoga; some people find the poses difficult to hold or the experience uncomfortable or just plain don’t like it. For people who like to move and want to move, finding the ways that their bodies move comfortably and joyfully is awesome, but not everyone wants that, and not everyone can reach that. Should someone who can’t exercise be drummed out of the fat acceptance movement?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
move your lardass once in a while

for your health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Decebal posted:

If making fun of fats is wrong, then why does it feel so good ?

because it is easier than dealing with your unresolved issues

• Locked thread