Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
George Wood didn't fill his reviews with meaningless fluff, he delved right into the games and told us what we should like and hate about it. But more than that, he challenged the gaming industry and the very way we look at gaming today. Who else would be brave enough to take Eidos to task for not giving Lara Croft the rich, deep story she deserved? And who else would dare call his viewers stupid for not liking Donkey Kong Country?

Let's remember the greatest journalist the gaming industry ever had with this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Donkey Kong Country isn't that special, although I've been hearing good things about the new ones on Wii and Wii U so now I'm interested, which one is better Imp Zone?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
but how does he feel about k rool

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

mdm posted:

Donkey Kong Country isn't that special, although I've been hearing good things about the new ones on Wii and Wii U so now I'm interested, which one is better Imp Zone?

In the Imp Zone no matter what the question is, the answer is always Wii U.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
To be fair, he doesn't have much competition.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mdm posted:

They are both incredible but the edge goes to Tropical Freeze.

get both.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
According to Slowbeef this guy is dead.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dkc is overrated trash, its got more half-earned 5/5s, 10/10s and 100/100s than even the most fellated of gotys

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
They should aspire to be Ebert. Dead.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
holy poo poo what is with this DKC hate?

dkc 1,2 and 3 on SNES are all excellent games that hold up wtf

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

VideoGames posted:

People trying to get attention by publicly trashing beloved games

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

VideoGames posted:

Maybe they're arguing in bad faith, friend. This internet is a robber's paradise.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Morrigan aensland

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayALj8GlL18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

More gaming journalists should adopt the professionalism and gravitas George Wood adopted for his "Show My rear end to Kids" game show.

• Locked thread