Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

Earwicker posted:

Any idea what that classic "Candy grape" flavor is based on?

It doesn't taste anything at all like any kind of grape to me, but I do kind of like it (in very small doses) as its own thing..

Concord grapes (think kosher wine or grape jelly). They're very rarely sold as produce (maybe only in certain regions?) since they're so heavily used for juice and other processed grape stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Dimetapp straight up tastes like someone's platonic ideal of grapeness is the Concord variety. Though Culinary Bears is right that you'll probably never see Concords sold at a grocery or market, the actual plant is very easy to buy if for some reason you wanted to wait half a decade to eat a grape which tastes exactly like its jam and needs to be peeled.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Back up here.

My stepmom who keeps saying shes gluten-intolerant after a lifetime of eating bread and now (retconning) that something always just made her feel a little funny is actually full of poo poo and I'm not just an unsympathetic shitheel?

I'm aware the truth is likely both but still, vindicated.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Theres a big chance shes getting caught up in the gluten hysteria. Gluten intolerance can develop later in life although its uncommon. Most generic cases of "gluten sensitivity" have been disproven, but celiac disease and gluten allergies are real so if shes REALLY concerned she needs to go to a doctor and get tested.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
She does not have Celiac disease. I watched her eat a box of spelt cookies because she thought they must be gluten free, they are not. Once I informed her of Google's response she claimed to 'actually feel a little funny.'

I dated a Celiac and I gave her a cupcake once without thinking once and felt immensely guilty for causing that kind of discomfort in another human.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I'm just finishing my first semester of Pharmacy Tech/Mgmt and the idea of making medicated lollipops and working out flavorings was one of the most interesting things to learn about. I'm excited to learn about the variety of careers available (especially because I refuse to be stuck in lovely retail outside my required externship). What sort of classes are helpful if you're coming from the Pharmacy direction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Dr. Tommy John posted:

I dated a Celiac and I gave her a cupcake once without thinking once and felt immensely guilty for causing that kind of discomfort in another human.

Yeah Celiac disease runs in my family on my dads side and it's very obvious when someone with Celiac eats wheat. Mild is not the word for it.

On the other hand it was real easy for my cousins to get out of poo poo they didn't want to do.

• Locked thread