Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Day 1 Purchase??
Yes!
No!
Wait until mainstream reviews!
Wait until imp zone reviews!
I only play FPS's!
View Results

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
GOTY 2014 COMING THROUGH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_WSgMhfuic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This game is going to be gay, like Sid Meier's Civilization V.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
gal civ III will be better

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
why does anyone play these crappy games where you spend a million hours clicking little men and making them do little man things

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

red alert 2 was the only good strategy game because you could make your little men disguise themselves as cows to infiltrate enemy strongholds

oh age of empires was cool too for the cheat that gave you sports cars with machine guns as units

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

PantsBandit posted:

why does anyone play these crappy games where you spend a million hours clicking little men and making them do little man things

:I

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Because the good ones (Civ 4) are actually extremely cool and fun. Beyond Earth will probably be like Civ 5 in that it is an alright game to play and relax with but won't have much depth.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'm glad of it

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

PantsBandit posted:

why does anyone play a game with multiple pieces you move around on a board

why does anyone play a game

why

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Oh hell yea!!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

zeal posted:

why does anyone play a game with multiple pieces you move around on a board

why does anyone play a game

why

playing a board game online sounds miserable.

the appeal of board games with real people is you can punch them when they dick you over.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

although I am messing with you, fellow gamers, and encourage you to play the games you like

it just doesn't make any sense to me

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I have a fetish for hexes, so I will be playing this soon.

If previous games are any indication, I may not be sleeping this weekend.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

although I am messing with you, fellow gamers, and encourage you to play the games you like

it just doesn't make any sense to me

Some gamers such as me prefer the extra challenge of 1 unit per tile... Other's prefer Civ 4 where you spam all your guys into a giant stack and inexorably destroy everyone.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Some gamers such as me prefer the extra challenge of 1 unit per tile... Other's prefer Civ 4 where you spam all your guys into a giant stack and inexorably destroy everyone.

that's a nice city you have here. *lines entire army into a single space turns city into a parking lot* your move.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Not sure if I'm gonna buy it now or wait until an expansion comes along and makes it good like Civ V

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the first civ game i played was civnet and i found out that i could send diplomats to other cities and since they weren't military units, they wouldn't be attacked. i put diplomats on every square in the city's range and the city couldn't work the tile anymore. so it would starve.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember earth & beyond?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yes. I remember a lot of things.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Harrow posted:

Not sure if I'm gonna buy it now or wait until an expansion comes along and makes it good like Civ V

Is there any 4x or map game that was good out of the box before any expansions?

Civ2 I guess?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Master of Orion 1+2

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

alpha centauri was made worse by its xpac

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I can't vote since there isn't an option for people who bought it a long time ago :/

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

COUNTDOWN TO FAGGOTRY!!!!!!!! YOU"RE ALMOST THERE, OP!!!!!!!!

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
bought early, preloaded, gonna nut in like 2.75 hrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

conceitedguy posted:

COUNTDOWN TO FAGGOTRY!!!!!!!! YOU"RE ALMOST THERE, OP!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread