Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009
Problem description: I purchased a Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 (apparently model T3H-00011), and since trying to install the provided software/drivers from Microsoft, the camera has not functioned. The microphone works perfectly fine in every application I've tried it in, but the camera itself does not function. Applications trying to use it report that it is in use by another application, and I have been unable to locate what application that would be.

Attempted fixes: Combed through Microsoft's KB and attempted several fixes, including modifying registry entries related to the hardware, totally uninstalled the prior webcam drivers and software, and uninstalled and reinstalled the new camera several times.

Recent changes: Prior to this I was using a Logitech C160 webcam, and according to one Microsoft help file, the two do not play well and require registry modification to get the Microsoft camera working on systems that have ever had Logitech hardware installed.

--

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

System specs: Custom system:
AMD-8320
MSI AMD R9 290X
Asus M5A97 LE 2.0
16GB of some G.SKILL DDR3-1333 (2x 8GB)
Rosewill HIVE 750W PSU
Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 (T3H-00011)
Logitech C160 (former webcam)

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Update: Version 3.60 of the software works, despite Microsoft's suggestion it wouldn't, but if anyone can figure out how to get 4.25 working, that would be preferable just for having the version intended for my OS.

viewtyjoe fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread