Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Hiya,

Hopefully I'm at least close to where this question is supposed to be posted.. Apologies if it isn't (and please point me in the right direction)

I pulled out my wireless Xbox 360 controller today for the first time in a few months and two of my buttons (A, X) are extremely hard to push and barely bounce back at all. The other buttons are fine. At a wild guess maybe something has been spilt onto the controller. Is there a way to clean these? or take the back off to wipe them down? With the small amount of gaming I do these days its not worth getting it repaired or buying another.

Thanks muchly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Did you even bother to google at all? There are a million guides for it.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Dirty-sticky-xbox-360-controller-fix/
There is one.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah, why would I ask on a forum full of people I know who can point me in the best direction instead of blindly googling and then hunting down a nice easy guide for the technically inept.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Well, if you had read the rules post sticky, you would've seen that you're supposed to Google before using this forum. If you'd used any of the other forums, then you wouldn't have had that requirement, but you chose the one that did. So good job on that.

• Locked thread