Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

So just to double check, I bought HW through the official SE Store, and I entered the early access code so my account type is now "Heavensward - Early Access Windows(R)", however I don't have a little circle for "license has been obtained" next to Heavensward for PC on the account status screen. This is or isn't normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

It is normal, you need the actual game key (in the package if you bought physical) yet to be emailed out if you bought digital. If you are registered as Early Access you supposedly have until the 27th to get your key entered.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

It's happening. Soon.

Also on an related note, what are the chances the servers poo poo themselves and no one can log in for hours?

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Thumbtacks posted:

It's happening. Soon.

Also on an related note, what are the chances the servers poo poo themselves and no one can log in for hours?

This is why I'm still working a half day.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

It's happening. Soon.

Pretty low, 2.0 was pretty playable at launch there were just times where zoning would 90k you and other similar hiccups. They've gotten a ton better at server architecture and data center management since then

That said, not THAT low. Come expecting that you may be getting entertainment from whiny entitled babies crying about downtime more than expansion content during the early access period.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Vermain posted:

Yeah. The trial has a description that lays out the entire arc of the plot in broad strokes. I clicked on it, saw about five words, and closed it before I could read much more.

Did it make you excited or disappointed?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
It's like getting a hotdog when you ordered a cheeseburger.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Anybody know how to fix the error: Unable to Complete Version Check [30410][30607][20457][404] ? I've tried both editing the config file and click the Reset System Options button in the launcher and neither worked. My power flickered just as it was about to start doing the patch.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Thumbtacks posted:

It's happening. Soon.

They've actually implemented zone instancing so the game making GBS threads itself from the load is pretty unlikely. The instancing screwing something else up is far more likely.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
loving DAMNIT. Someone just spoiled the climax of the main storyline to me. gently caress.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

SarutosZero posted:

Anybody know how to fix the error: Unable to Complete Version Check [30410][30607][20457][404] ? I've tried both editing the config file and click the Reset System Options button in the launcher and neither worked. My power flickered just as it was about to start doing the patch.

I had that happen, and restarting the launcher a couple of times fixed it. But it sounds like you know more about technical poo poo than I do, so maybe this isn't helpful.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chair close the thread.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GB_Sign posted:

It is normal, you need the actual game key (in the package if you bought physical) yet to be emailed out if you bought digital. If you are registered as Early Access you supposedly have until the 27th to get your key entered.

So I assume that those are separate keys that show up under the "will be released on the 23rd" part and it Just Works until then if you entered the PC key?

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Mordiceius posted:

loving DAMNIT. Someone just spoiled the climax of the main storyline to me. gently caress.

How did that not happen to you weeksmonths ago?

alternate comment: sup read what happened in 2.55 before I got there buddy :glomp:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Cutedge posted:

alternate comment: sup read what happened in 2.55 before I got there buddy :glomp:

He means Heavensward. There are Heavensward spoilers out in the wild.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah basically stop looking at reddit or bg or anything

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Boogaleeboo posted:

He means Heavensward. There are Heavensward spoilers out in the wild.

Wait really?

That's loving retarded.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
tbh it really shouldn't surprise anyone, it's basically the exact same thing that's happened in 2.0-2.55

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Cutedge posted:

Think he's talking about Heavensward spoilers dude.

e: beaten like raubahn

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Yeah, I guess I'm bidding the thread farewell for a while to stay in a nice little bubble. I've got a ton of even 2.0 content left to cover, and I'd prefer to avoid spoilers. I'm sure names will come up during FC chatter, but they'll probably be meaningless for a while. See you all on the other side

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Dragonfire can't melt steel beams, wake up sheeple.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Meldonox posted:

Dragonfire can't melt steel beams, wake up sheeple.

So you were saying there were explosives at the base of the Gold Saucer?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Cutedge posted:

So you were saying there were explosives at the base of the Gold Saucer?

#mandervilleliedpeopledied

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Am I good to go?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
See you in 11 hours!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Fister Roboto posted:

Chair close the thread.

again, please do the needful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
:gitgud: :siren: Pray return to the Waking Sands the new thread :siren: :gitgud:

• Locked thread