Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
NFC, IFC or UFC?
View Results

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i think all three, but only UFC sometimes just to hang out with friends. i don't really like the idea of being entertained with real life violence. i mean it's okay, but it's sort of barbaric. i guess i just don't get it, and i'm too civilized and mature for such things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
IR beaming, op

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ifc is pretty great but that tobey maguire thing really fell flat for me

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

voted for bloody fighters

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i think all three, but only UFC sometimes just to hang out with friends. i don't really like the idea of being entertained with real life violence. i mean it's okay, but it's sort of barbaric. i guess i just don't get it, and i'm too civilized and mature for such things

it's a sport you nancy-pants.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lol so mcdonalds has always had nfc readers i guess for that one tap and pay service i remember being advertised like 10 years ago and google wallet worked when i tried it last like two years ago

i tried it the other day cause i saw a NOW ACCEPTING MOBILE PAYMENTS paper on the wall and nope. google wallet doesnt work there anymore

its a great idea if literally every company didnttry to get on the ground floor

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

rotor posted:

IR beaming, op

i did this with a palm pilot and a hp laserjet printer and it was actualyl really fuckign cool and no drivers needed or anything a++ would irda again

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

nigga crab pollock posted:

its a great idea if literally every company didnt demand complete exclusivity to gently caress us all over

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

rotor posted:

IR beaming, op

holy poo poo, this. completely forgot about it, but owned when i had my Palm.. i forget what it was called but it was very thin and silver

Werthog 95 posted:

ifc is pretty great but that tobey maguire thing really fell flat for me

Food Party season 2. there needs to be more shows like this

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

PuTTY riot posted:

i did this with a palm pilot and a hp laserjet printer and it was actualyl really fuckign cool and no drivers needed or anything a++ would irda again

same it owned

print "poop" on the printers at computer city or compusa

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sniep posted:

same it owned

print "poop" on the printers at computer city or compusa

you mean circuit city?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PuTTY riot posted:

irda poo poo owned and was dead loving easy and cheap and worked great and I'm glad
apple finally caught up to 1997 when it introduced airdrop

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ufc was best when it was 400 pound guys whove never kicked in theyre lives vs dudes from inner city jujitsu dojos

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

you mean circuit city?

no, circuit city had poo poo for a computer department in the late 90s/early 00s

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Cat Face Joe posted:

ufc was best when it was 400 pound guys whove never kicked in theyre lives vs dudes from inner city jujitsu dojos

ufc only owns in your mind. you want to see a kickboxer fight a taekwando guy, or a wrestler fight a karate man. but all you ever get is two guys rolling around on the floor

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sniep posted:

no, circuit city had poo poo for a computer department in the late 90s/early 00s

maybe but the people that worked there were a lot more competent than those that worked at compUSA haha. ever go to compUSA?

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

do you hate banks?? we do too!! banking is braindead easy anyway just give us ur bank acct number

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

maybe but the people that worked there were a lot more competent than those that worked at compUSA haha. ever go to compUSA?

yes i was in compusa and computer city a lot

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

holy poo poo, this. completely forgot about it, but owned when i had my Palm.. i forget what it was called but it was very thin and silver

i remember now. it was called a Palm Visor

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

nigga crab pollock posted:

lol so mcdonalds has always had nfc readers i guess for that one tap and pay service i remember being advertised like 10 years ago and google wallet worked when i tried it last like two years ago

i tried it the other day cause i saw a NOW ACCEPTING MOBILE PAYMENTS paper on the wall and nope. google wallet doesnt work there anymore

its a great idea if literally every company didnttry to get on the ground floor

lol if you eat at McDonalds

double lol if you don't have apple pay

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i dont even have apple pay

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

theadder posted:

i dont even have apple pay

okay then get out