Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mr. Pumroy posted:

hm. i know i said i wasn't going to get crypt of the necrodancer when it's still in early access, but some good imps have been praising it and it's on sale for less than 10 bux. thinking of pulling the trigger here.

if they drop support for crypt of the necrodancer right now and never update it again it's still better than most games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
remember when you had to find patches on download sites? ahahahahah

thanks gabe

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Liquid Penguins posted:

thanks gabe

Sometimes you still do, it's called UPlay.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Penguins posted:

thanks gabe

Oh I rarely ever stop to appreciate this but that's true.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sometimes you want to get mapgame beta patches though and it throws a wrench into the monkey or whatever.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
remember that a major service of sites like gamepot was that they hosted patches for games instead of them being on the actual games' website lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

remember that a major service of sites like gamepot was that they hosted patches for games instead of them being on the actual games' website lol

GamerHell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or GamersHell or GamerShell I don't remember which one they wanted to be.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

happypuppy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A kokoro wish come true.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

in retrospect between happypuppy, lycos, dogpile.com and the fetch ftp client my web experience in the mid-90s was almost 100% dog-themed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

brave nazi aviator posted:

in retrospect between happypuppy, lycos, dogpile.com and the fetch ftp client my web experience in the mid-90s was almost 100% dog-themed

and thanks to the official chrome doge theme, it can be again

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
Agreed op

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Remember when Gabe said, back when Steam first started, that if it failed he would unlock all the DRM on the games?

Would that be possible now with all the third party people?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Korthal posted:

Remember when Gabe said, back when Steam first started, that if it failed he would unlock all the DRM on the games?

Would that be possible now with all the third party people?

like... legally?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

Jumping in the FilePlanet queue for the next BF1942 patch.

Korthal fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 31, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the only thing I hate about it is that downloads pause when I'm playing a single player game and keep downloading when I'm playing a multiplayer game

wtf

is there a way to change this, is it game by game, or what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Eonwe posted:

the only thing I hate about it is that downloads pause when I'm playing a single player game and keep downloading when I'm playing a multiplayer game

wtf

is there a way to change this, is it game by game, or what

theres both a global and per game setting

so you can turn downloads on and swtich it back off for your multiplayer games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
neat! I'll do that tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

Can a gamer get a link to GamePot? Sounds like my kind of site!

• Locked thread