Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

that's a sport nerd

hoo boy working up a sweat with this trip aces

what if its video poker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necroid
May 14, 2009

I like games a lot, mostly because they manage to temporarily distract me from the inescapable and depressing certainty of death

also books and movies

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Lower your standards my brah

an 8 bit is an 8 in the dark

Just so long as I don't have to sink to... *throws up in mouth a bit* casual games.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

is it okay to disrespect specific games as long as you respect gaming as a whole?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Im a cyber athlete.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i'm a cyber mathlete. don't even TRY to step to me in number munchers.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

necroid posted:

I like games a lot, mostly because they manage to temporarily distract me from the inescapable and depressing certainty of death

also books and movies

But the power fantasies in games better distract from the knowledge that you're a worthless peon who can easily be replaced by a plank of wood in all aspects of your life.

In fact reducing death to a mere inconvenience also makes games better than books and movies.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Machai posted:

is it okay to disrespect specific games as long as you respect gaming as a whole?

Of course.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Parallax Scroll posted:

what if its video poker

make the bar a juice bar and you have yourself a deal

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I like video games but there is such a thing as a bad video game? If so I have never encountered one....

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

texaholic posted:

I like video games but there is such a thing as a bad video game? If so I have never encountered one....

you ever play Big Mothertruckers

naem
May 29, 2011

geam

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

you ever play Big Mothertruckers

is that the one where they didn't put a speed limit on reversing so you could just keep accelerating until the game crashed

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

is that the one where they didn't put a speed limit on reversing so you could just keep accelerating until the game crashed

it's their way of saying the only winning move is not to play only you will never get your time spent back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004
Semper games

• Locked thread