Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
movax
Aug 30, 2008

In appreciation of the one true photographic art form this weekend, and the untimely demise of your previous moderator, post your best selfies* here! Note that I don't really care if you're in the picture or not, I'm going to leave this open to interpretation and see what you come up with.

* Bonus points given for:
- Absurdly expensive / elaborate camera being used to take a selfie
- Absurdly elaborate setup (lighting or otherwise)
- Animal selfies automatically get +1000 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
been waiting a while to post this

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Statue selfie

20140812 #Selfie_ by MedievalMedic, on Flickr

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
This is my favorite selfie, and if you look closely (click the link) you can see my dog's reflection in my eyeballs.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

RangerScum posted:

This is my favorite selfie, and if you look closely (click the link) you can see my dog's testicles in my eyeballs.

fixed that for you

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

RangerScum posted:

This is my favorite selfie, and if you look closely (click the link) you can see my dog's reflection in my eyeballs.

your dog now owns the copyright to that photo your soul

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

YOUR MOVE MINIATURE FORMAT PLEBES

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

YOUR MOVE MINIATURE FORMAT PLEBES

remind me again how big the sensor in that phone is

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Size doesn't matter

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
its not the size of your format
its the motion of your emultion

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

img-goatse

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

CreppyMonkey posted:

remind me again how big the sensor in that phone is

I took the photo with the 8x10. The phone is there to show the false dichotomy of a consumer driven culture assuming that the easiest method of photographic expression will always be the one chosen. My point is also illustrated by the disparity between the cheap bath towel that appears to be slung haphazardly on the wall be hind me, contrasted with the linen scented hand soap bought at Trader Joe's. I choose to cover my head with a wool cap, indoors. This implies that either I'm too poor to heat nonliving areas of my house or that I'm on my way out the door. Possibly implying that I can afford to eat out more often than my working man's clothing belies. Note the position of the light switches. Two up and one down. We can clearly see there is only one light on in this room, showing that the inherent democratic majority of the switch is in favor of darkness. We read from right to left the "on" switch is in the last position. An allegory for the journey through life. Darkness asked for and darkness received until we are prepared to accept that a bold choice may bring us into the light.

The barren bathroom counter imposes a certain calm order to the room but the viewer can not know that underneath the exterior placidity lies random junk I have no where else to store.The facet being front and center allows the act of "hand washing" as a cleansing ritual to feature prominently in the piece. This allows the viewer to metaphorically wash their hands of your posts. The deliberate omission of the toilet in the field of view lets the viewer draw their own conclusions about what is excrement (your posts) and how we view it in a cultured society (poorly, much like your posting).

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

8th-snype posted:

I took the photo with the 8x10. The phone is there to show the false dichotomy of a consumer driven culture assuming that the easiest method of photographic expression will always be the one chosen. My point is also illustrated by the disparity between the cheap bath towel that appears to be slung haphazardly on the wall be hind me, contrasted with the linen scented hand soap bought at Trader Joe's. I choose to cover my head with a wool cap, indoors. This implies that either I'm too poor to heat nonliving areas of my house or that I'm on my way out the door. Possibly implying that I can afford to eat out more often than my working man's clothing belies. Note the position of the light switches. Two up and one down. We can clearly see there is only one light on in this room, showing that the inherent democratic majority of the switch is in favor of darkness. We read from right to left the "on" switch is in the last position. An allegory for the journey through life. Darkness asked for and darkness received until we are prepared to accept that a bold choice may bring us into the light.

The barren bathroom counter imposes a certain calm order to the room but the viewer can not know that underneath the exterior placidity lies random junk I have no where else to store.The facet being front and center allows the act of "hand washing" as a cleansing ritual to feature prominently in the piece. This allows the viewer to metaphorically wash their hands of your posts. The deliberate omission of the toilet in the field of view lets the viewer draw their own conclusions about what is excrement (your posts) and how we view it in a cultured society (poorly, much like your posting).

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

This is very nice. I bet your mother would hang it on the fridge.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

that's all well and good but if you didn't shoot the gay dog wedding with your 8x10 you have no claims to credibility

why even own an 8x10 otherwise

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Baron Dirigible posted:

that's all well and good but if you didn't shoot the gay dog wedding with your 8x10 you have no claims to credibility

why even own an 8x10 otherwise

Contact print dick pix

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

8th-snype posted:

Contact print dick pix

You must have been jazzed about lomo bringing back 110 film then.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
'bout to party like it's 1929:

selfie by ethics_gradient, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Pompous Rhombus posted:

'bout to party like it's 1929:

selfie by ethics_gradient, on Flickr

my nigga

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
tia for the compliments, my bitch

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

in which I realize I have underestimated the poo poo out of the weather

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

selfie by s-bothun, on Flickr

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

DJExile posted:

idgi, that outfit looks good down to about 0 degrees easily.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

idgi, that outfit looks good down to about 0 degrees easily.

it wasn't bad until a shitload of wind and hail showed up :gonk:

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

DJExile posted:

didnt know david mitchell was a goon. peep show is da bomb yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

always good to meet a fan :)

• Locked thread