Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I loving love Rock Band and Guitar Hero, what rhythm games do you enjoy? Guitaroo Man is pretty underrated, but pretty legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When are they going to be on PC, is what I want to know.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Never, OP.

To answer your other question, all the games you said and also Parappa and the Bit.Trip Runner games.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah they should do a PC Rock Band that comes with song making software from modders to use to make every fuckin song playable. I'd buy it. Also sell the good guitars again and or make an adapter that makes all the old instruments work so I don't end up with another keyboard and drum set in my house.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i wish rock band people would release their own hardware. a tiny console with just rock band songs. i would 100% buy that.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Even if there ever was a Rock Band/Guitar Hero type game again, it would be filled with retarded non-guitar related crap for mass audience appeal.

The series should stay dead.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
I played some guitar hero at a party last night and I'm no good atleast the music was good but I dunno I was prettyu drunk

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

Chocolatebuddha posted:

I played some guitar hero at a party last night and I'm no good atleast the music was good but I dunno I was prettyu drunk

Thats cool, drunk Guitar Hero is fun, I usually bump it down to Hard or Normal in such cases.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Wormskull posted:

When are they going to be on PC, is what I want to know.

I would pay propaply 200 dollars for guitar hero 2 on PC.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
harmonix is dying

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

elf help book posted:

harmonix is dying

Rhythm games are dying, because this world is incredibly hosed up. Rock band will always be one of the best party games and I doubt another game like it is gonna happen for several more years. RIP.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

A cool drat horse posted:

Rhythm games are dying, because this world is incredibly hosed up. Rock band will always be one of the best party games and I doubt another game like it is gonna happen for several more years. RIP.

It's a shame that Harmonix and Activision drove that genre into the ground with them both doing yearly releases.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Phase Shift is a really really good clone and when it gets vocals it will pretty much be perfect.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Silver Striker posted:

It's a shame that Harmonix and Activision drove that genre into the ground with them both doing yearly releases.

LMAO they were way more than yearly at the fever pitch.

Doctor Goat posted:

Phase Shift is a really really good clone and when it gets vocals it will pretty much be perfect.

Open-source plastic instrument rock is a glorious and fast-approaching dream.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Goat posted:

This looks pretty rad, I hope this takes off. I will miss the character customization in Rock Band 3 / Guitar Hero 5 though.

Dec 26, 2012

Gaspar Lewis posted:

LMAO they were way more than yearly at the fever pitch.

yeah they were pumping that poo poo out furiously just before the genre collapsed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Psycobladder posted:

what rhythm games do you enjoy?
I am a DDR master. I am the Master of DDR.

• Locked thread